Budget tracking

Hi Everyone,

I want to be able to track expenses for a project - budget vs actual. Anyone have any suggestions? I created a custom field for budget, but that isn’t allowing what I really want.
thanks

Hi Deb,

I don’t do actual budgeting in Asana but I do something similar that may point you in the right direction. I keep track of client fees by creating a task called “Total Fee” in each project. Then I simply enter the fee amount in the description box. I run periodic reports by running an advanced search for tasks called “Total Fee” over a given date range then I output the results to a CSV file. I then open the CSV file in Excel and manipulate the data as I see fit. You could do something similar by creating a "Budget " task with custom fields for budget and actual figures. Good luck

Hi there,

we have some good experience with everhour.com. They offer full Asana integration including budgets on project level that is rendered into Asana via Chrome plugin-in. Everhour is dedicated to time tracking but offer budgets and expenses as well.

Hope this helps,

Patrick
Asana Solutions Partner

We do the same as @Ronald_Thornton - a custom field for Budget/Estimate, and a custom field for Actual - it’s a quick and easy export and formula to get what we want.