Bigger Sidebar or Ability to open a wide view

Why would they remove CSS that allowed customization?

1 Like

Hi everyone! Have a look at 2.3.1 here: Introduction to Asana bookmarklets

Hi,
as bookmarklets seem to be disabled ;-(
does anyone have another workaround to adjust the sidebar size?

Thx in advance!
Best
THO

Using the Chrome Extension “User CSS” (User CSS - Chrome Web Store), you can use this CSS to expand the sidebar.

.SidebarHeader {width:400px!important;}
#asana_sidebar {width:400px!important;}

1 Like

(Btw, @Forum-team , perhaps we can merge these two topics?)

1 Like

Thank you Chris! Here’s the CSS that will expand and hide the sidebar if you are accustomed to using the burger icon. Thanks again.

.SidebarHeader {width:400px!important;}
#asana_sidebar {width:400px!important;}

.SidebarResizableContainer–hidden {margin-left: -400px; transition: margin-left 250ms ease-out;}

on MAC with Asana App installed that is the fix to expand the sidebar?

My team would love this feature. Clicking and dragging the side bar doesn’t seem to change the width either in the browser app or desktop app. Has this new interface been fully released yet?

Hi @anon9402732 , I don’t work for Asana and since they don’t make their roadmap public, the launch of the new redesign is unknown, so we all have to sit tight! Shouldn’t be much longer

You can also follow the original post with the announcement by @Marie to know when it will be released:

1 Like

Thanks much, Richard. I wasn’t sure what Partner meant. I appreciate your response.

2 Likes

Hello Richard, I am using the latest version of Chrome on macOS Monterey 12.6.2 - and the sidebar is not expandable. What am I missing? Thanks for your help!

Hi @AndreaK ! Are you sure you are using the new redesigned layout that is currently being tested?

Have you opted in to try it out? If not, then you are using the current layout which does NOT support resizing the sidebar.

Hi Richard! Thank you for your reply. I do not know where to opt it in - where can this be done?

If you check out the link I included to @Marie 's original post 🔬 Sign up for early access to our next redesign, there is a link to fill out the opt-in form.

1 Like

ah, cheers!

1 Like

Any luck with this, it shouldn’t be that hard :slight_smile:

Welcome, @Dimitris_Sakellariou,

This is coming soon; some of us already have it:

Larry

Is the ability to change the width of the sidebar part of the new design? I just watched the video and didn’t see anything about flexible resizing.

Welcome, @Tara_Dacci. Yes, you can change the sidebar width with the new design.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes