Background image in full screen mode not shown anymore

We should all expect for backgrounds to disappear soon anyway, right?

I’m not seeing any backgrounds in my boards in the Asana Mac App or browser version either. It started last night for me (though I haven’t used it over the weekend). I’ve even downloaded the lastest version and installed it.
If the backgrounds are disabled, can we atleast choose a different background color please? The white tast on white background (or black on black, but I don’t like dark mode) makes it hard to keep an overview of all the different tasks on the board…

Hi @Mariska_Hanegraaf , welcome to the forum :wave:

Until this bug is resolved, go to your settings > Display tab and select the ‘Default’ background as per below:

This should make the text of the columns in Boards back to black when in Light mode (or vice versa). :wink:

Thanks for the suggestion.
I actually don’t see any difference between that setting and choosing a background. Besides the dark gradient on the top of the board that is missing with the Default setting.
Right now I’ll just use the mobile app that is easier to watch with the light-gray background color.

Hi all,

I can see the fix is currently in beta. It should be released on prod in the next couple of days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: The background image in the board isn’t loading

Steps to reproduce: Open a board

Browser version: 116.0.5845.141

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)? Basic

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Leila_Scola , welcome to the forum :wave:

This is currently a known bug which has been reported so I’ve merged your post into this existing thread. Please note my workaround above which you can do until the bug is resolved within the next couple of days as mentioned above.

Also try to refresh your browser or close and reopen the desktop app if you are using that so you get the update, once resolved.

1 Like

Issue: Display backgrounds are not visible. I’m only able to view the default (sad) grey background on both the web and desktop app.

Steps to reproduce: Open any board.

Browser version: Chrome Version 116.0.5845.140.

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?

Upload screenshots below:

Hello @anon14245634, this is a known bug :slight_smile: I’ve merged your post with the existing thread we have on this topic!

1 Like

Just a quick update to let you know that the fix for this bug is still in beta. It should be live soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

what does it mean that “the fix for this bug is still in beta?” It should be live soon… how soon from today ? Thank you for your help.

Good news, the fix is now live for all customers, so this issue should be resolved for everyone!

1 Like

Hello Marie.

I still can not change the background theme on my board under “tasks”. I can only change the colour in the “home” tab, but not under “my tasks”. So, not sure it is resolved for everyone.
Any thoughts?

@Lana_Miller My tasks background are being phased out and only available on older accounts, which may explain why you don’t see it anymore!

Hi Marie. Thank you for the reply. That is too bad, because in the “tasks” i go alot and it is so bright, that is almost blinding… so to speak… because of how white it is…

Is there something else to be done in the “tasks” screen so to make reading easier?

I have updated, refreshed, downloaded the desktop app, but the display background is still not fixed for me.

Did you already rule out Dark mode? (Profile image > Settings > Display)

Larry

Hi Larry… Yes, i did rule the dark mode out.

Interestingly enough, today, the themed background seems to be working. How pleasantly odd is that??? LOL.

1 Like