Automatic Trigger that populates that same projects and tags over to a subtask.

I’m a videographer and editor for a fitness company and my workflow consists of working in subtasks of the bigger project 90% of the time. The issue I’m finding is when I create the subtask under that project I have to manually add the project tab and select again and again what is already selected on the the main task. I’d like to be able to activate a trigger or rule to automatically populate the project status and tags across to the subtasks when they are created.

That might be possible with Zapier. I was also considering coding something that would go over a project every hour for example and add the subtasks to the project. Would that help?

1 Like

Yes, @Bastien_Siebman @anon40747368 working with Zapier… Create a zap that will trigger on “Create subtask” for a particular project, then create a step in that Zap to update that created task with you as the assignee.
(that’s my use case, I create subtasks for myself, but that could be any other update you make)

Nice thing is as I already have a rule in “My tasks” to self assign and assign to my default project, I do not need to add an extra step in Zapier to update the project, it takes my default project.