Assign multiple assignees on one task

Just chiming in to say I too think this feature is necessary in hopes that one day Asana makes the leap and upgrades it. It’s incredibly frustrating not having the option to put two equal contributors on a task, it makes it feel like I’m picking/discriminating one over the other in some cases.

2 Likes

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I found a workaround for this situation! Create blank subtasks and assign them to each person with the task’s deadline. Note that the original task must be attached to a project or the task will show up blank to everyone sub-tasked. Hope this helps someone else out there!!

1 Like

1000% agree on all the above. We need multiple assignees as an option in asana to continue using it. It’s frustrating that this is a feature still missing from the software. As companies scale up more tasks require multiple people and collaboration on tasks are a must. The collaborator option is not enough. We also need to be able to view their workloads and if they are not “assigned” it wont show up on a report for them as a task if they’re just noted as a collaborator. Wrike has been able to solve for this especially with user friendly dashboard feature viewing workload. Ideally asana could create something similar.

3 Likes

This simple feature is discussed by the comunity for 3.5 years. It got 1354 votes but still ignored by the developers of Asana. Why is this happening!?

I am a new Asana customer. I was looking thru the forum today, and I see many threads last for years without any effect. I wonder why depelopers are so reluctant to add new features to Asana?

1 Like

Agreed we need this feature. I have an accounting firm and we run payroll for clients. Several people within my organization have the skills to process the payroll, so it doesn’t matter who does it. It just needs to be done on a certain day so the paychecks are processed on time. I would like to be able to assign a recurring task to several people, and when one of them does it then it would be marked as complete. Regardless, I would like to include myself as an assignee on these types of very time-sensitive tasks so in a worst-case scenario I can see it needs to be done in my task list and do it myself if necessary.

Adding my frustration with the lack of this feature!! After 4 years worth of comments!!

1 Like

Another vote for this feature - what a waste of time the workarounds are when it could be so easy. We have lots of tasks where there are several people responsible for doing a certain thing.

Here is a simple and I guess very common task which absolutly needs this feature: Calling back a missed call on our central phone number. As this is time critical I want this to appear on (almost) everyone’s “my task” list. So I have to assign (almost) everyone.

See reply to your similar post here:

Larry

Can we enable this function already? Monday.com allows me to do this. First time trying Asana and there are many limitations at the moment.

Please add this feature. It’s super simple. Thanks.

I’m evaluating Asana v Monday. There’s lots to like in Asana but this problem, and the need to pay an additional fee for time tracking with Harvest may just have tipped things in Mondays favour. We are a creative agency. We always have creative teams working together/equally on idea generation. Being able to put multiple folks against a single task is really important. If this isn’t in the pipeline then we’ll have to walk away :frowning:

2 Likes

I just transitioned my team back to Asana (from ClickUp). We moved to ClickUp a few years ago for a number of reasons, with this feature deficiency being #1 on the list. I’m discouraged to see no progress has been made.

I have a practical suggestion. What about allowing teams the option to turn on or off the “multiple assignee” functionality? Thanks for your support.

You’ll have to walk away. Asana has basically said that if you want to have multiple assignees “you’re wrong.”

It’s nice having a software company lecture us from on high.

I think you got spoiled by ClickUp’s ClickApp philosophy. Asana is definitely not the company that caters to its users. I get it though, helps them stay focused and they can keep folks placated with canned forum responses.

Ha, this I know. However, I am returning with an optimistic attitude, and have joined the ambassador program as well in a hope to effect change and be part of a cultural revolution towards customer focus within Asana.

@Jamie_Leo – Let me know how that goes. :upside_down_face:

Hi --here to express frustration with this decision. Everyday I run into the same issue: I have, IRL, two people working on a task and I cannot represent that on Asana. Similarly, I need to assign a task to some teammates and I don’t care who finally gets the job done. I need to tell them: you or your teammate can take the lead on this one. Asana forces me to create subtasks just to indicate that.

Asana need to do better --so many competitors out there who are evolving their product constantly and listening to their users. Now, that’s a great philosophy,

3 Likes

This is a very frustrating oversite by Asana.

2 Likes

Agree and this has been a request for so long now why can’t they updated. I have to switch to Wrike which easily allows this.

1 Like

Literally… what everyone else said… (for the last 4 years)

2 Likes