Assign multiple assignees on one task

Please add the ability to turn on multiple assignees to a single task. For our use, we would like both options to assign tasks where all assignees must complete AND the ability for only one person to complete for the group.

1 Like

I am shocked this is something that seems so obvious as this and has been asked for since 2017, and still not implemented. As a manager I understand the concept of accountability but also the power of teams. If I want to assign my team to a task with a deadline I should have that choice as a user of this product.

3 Likes

Couldnā€™t it an easier to remember acronym like RACE? Instead of Informed, could be Educated or Explained or somethingā€¦

Definitely Proā€™s and Conā€™s to both sides. I find myself flipping back and forth. I think one way out of this impass is to have Task / Subtasksā€¦There should be a Primary Owner for the Task and the subtasks would contain smaller specific tasks that are assignable to a single person for accountabiliy. Using this approach, the Board views should be able to show highlevel tasks and drilled down for subtasks.

I would like to request a feature that allows a task to have multiple assignees, so that it shows on everyoneā€™s tasks and even if your colleague has finished his part and ticked it as complete, it still shows in your tasks as incompleted.

3 Likes

Hi @SebastiĆ£o_Garcez_Pal and welcome to the forum!

You wouldnā€™t know this as a first-time visitor :smiley:, but this is actually the most-requested feature here on the forum! You can add your vote to many others here:

Subtasks would do the trick =)

true, but substasks appear as No Project. I would like them to be inside each projects

That is an entire different request, requested by dozens of people in the forum =)

Why is it that this is still an issue 3 years ago and not addressed? Trello allows multiple people to be assigned to one task (card). having duplicate task defeats the purpose of a project manager app because then you cant track progress on the one task you have to look at it over multiple task

4 Likes

(Different Craig than the one above me) I just signed up to Asana about an hour ago and started reviewing if it would be a good fit for my team - looks great exceptā€¦ Can only assign one person to a task? Having to assign multiple team members to a task is a must, thanks Craig_B for the note about Trello, Iā€™ll be checking it out instead.

I am building a list of workarounds for feature requests like this one: šŸ”„ Hottest feature requests and their workarounds

If you have fresh ideas, please share there!

Just commenting here so hopefully the powers that be see this and implement this update. : )

I agree. Itā€™s ridiculous that this hasnā€™t been addressed. It would be very easy to make this a setting so that those who want multiple assignees could use it.

3 Likes

Please add a feature for multiple assignees to one task. We use this platform as a collaborative team, need to list who is responsible even if there is one primary.

3 Likes

Totally agree! Asana, why donā€™t you just make this an option for us?

Iā€™m sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous on Asanaā€™s part. It would be incredibly easy to allow us to assign multiple users to the same task, instead of forcing us to clutter our projects with copies. If you donā€™t ā€œbelieveā€ in assigning multiple people to the same task, it honestly doesnā€™t matter. You are not the organization. You are the project management tool.

2 Likes

Was looking for a way to assign one task to multiple people (NOT duplicate the task, which litters our projects with redundant tasks), and came across this forum. Here to say that assigning one task to multiple people is a necessary feature. We are trying to migrate from Workfront to Asana and this is something Workfront actually gets right. I donā€™t understand why Asana canā€™t do this.

1 Like

While i amused to multiple assignees, i get why Asana chose single assignee and i accept that.
We are dealing with this, by adding members as collaborators. It basically depends on how you work i guess.

1 Like

I am also hoping to make a switch in PM software, from Airtable to Asana, but this is one thing Airtable gets right. As the project manager for my full creative team, I need to see each personā€™s workload, and when I assign only one person to the task, then I canā€™t see everyoneā€™s true workload. Not only that, but the ā€œWorkloadā€ feature in Asana was what made me most excited about the switch, and that only allows you to see workload based on who is assigned to the task, not by subtasks.

If they would just add a secondary field, or allow me to add a secondary field, and allow that to be pulled into the ā€œWorkloadā€ view, that would solve my immediate problem without jeopardizing their rigid belief that there can only be one owner of the task. OR, allow me to view ā€œWorkloadā€ by subtasks, not just by the owner of the task.

2 Likes