Asana -> Slack

I am trying to set a rule when a new task has been created, a notification is sent to a specific person on Slack. I am able to send a notification to a Slack Channel but for some reason, the search for a specific person is not working. it keeps telling me that it is unavailable at this time. is there something wrong with my settings?

Hey @anon32727515, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:
Maybe as a first step try to deauthorize and authorize it again?

In Slack type the “/asana settings” command and click the “Deauthorize” button

2 Likes

thank you for the reply, I am having a hard time finding where I can deauthorize. it may be because I am using this from work and I may not have access to the Settings & Administration.
tried again this morning, the search finds all my channels but not individuals.

Hm I see, if you are not the admin of the channel you might want to check with whoever created it to ensure you have the rights to change the settings.

Also look through all these steps to ensure nothing was missed: Asana | Slack App Directory

And in case that still does not solve your problem I recommend reaching out to the support team or Slack support

1 Like

Hey guys, Michaela from Integromat here :wave:

I understand that there is a way of achieving this natively but I still thought I might as well jump in with an alternative.

You see, there is actually a pre-made Integromat template that creates a Slack message when an Asana task or subtask is created. In the template, you can set up whether you want to send a direct Slack message or whether you want to post the information to a Slack channel.

To give you a bit more context, Integromat is a no-code platform that lets you connect Asana to pretty much any other online service and automate all sorts of tasks and processes.

In case you’re finding this interesting, you can sign up for a free Integromat account and start exploring the possibilities :nerd_face:

Hello Andrea,
I’m new to the Slack - Asana integration.
Do we need a paid asana account to set rules that send asana notifications to either a slack channel or directly to people on slack?

If yes, what level of subscription is needed?
Premium? or Business?

And does Asana have not for profit rates.
We are a not for profit in Canada.

Thank you

Welcome, @Lillooet_Regional_In,

Re nonprofit rates, see:

and for other nonprofits news, questions, etc. here in the Forum:

Re rules, I believe you need at least Asana Premium.

Thanks,

Larry

Thank you so much for this very useful information.
I will be applying for the discount and checking out the nonprofit specific resources.

1 Like