Asana Release Notes February 2022

Hi all :wave:

:rocket: Please find our release notes for this month below :arrow_down:

• Video messaging in Asana : Record and embed Vimeo videos right in Asana to increase team engagement and collaboration. Learn more about video messaging powered by Vimeo
  • Approval subtasks in Rules : Build Rules that automatically add Approval subtasks to tasks.
  • Multi-select custom fields in Advanced Search : Now search for tasks using a combination of multi-select custom field values in Advanced Search.
  • Dark mode in Android : This update supports dark mode in your Android system. Enable the dark theme from your system settings.
  • Line charts in Dashboards : Show changes in data over time with Line charts in Dashboards. Get started with charts in Project Dashboards and in Reporting
  • Start times in Timeline view : Task start and end times are now reflected in the project Timeline view. Plan projects with Timeline
  • Zoom in on Proofing : Zoom in on image attachments when leaving feedback with Proofing. Leave actionable feedback with Proofing
  • Session duration in the Admin Console : Session duration will now default to indefinite unless set to 14 days by Super Admins. Learn more about managing session duration in the Admin Console
  • Enterprise Key Management (EKM) : Select qualified Enterprise customers now have the option to use their own encryption key on information stored in Asana. Reach out to your sales contact for more information. Read more on scaling Enterprise security and control
  • New Academy course: 6 steps to rolling out Asana sustainably : Learn how to effectively roll out Asana across teams and businesses in this new self-paced course in the Asana Academy. Check out the course

As always, we’re looking forward to hearing your feedback in the comments below :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Hi, @Rebecca_McGrath I couldn’t make work the option to have the start times in timeline view. Could you help me with that?
Thank you very much.

This is a fantastic jam packed release!! Some of these features are great… I shall dive deep into at least 2 of them :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

2 Likes

Hi @anon25712525, thanks for reaching out! You must zoom into the Hour view to view Start time on Timeline. Have you done this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Rebecca_McGrath, thank you for clarifying that. I hadn’t done that. I thought it would be shown regardless of the zoom option.
Thank you

1 Like

Amazing work Asana team!

1 Like

When will video messaging be available in desktop app?

1 Like

Hi @Ben_Morton, we don’t have any updates on this right now but be sure to upvote this request so our Product team can get an understanding of how popular this would be: Video messaging in Desktop app

I have a question about the vimeo video feature. I already made a few tests and created a vimeo account and linked that in the Asana interface. But I wonder where I can delete a video? In my vimeo account these videos are not listed.
I am also quite worried that the link works for everyone on the internet, even without vimeo account and outside of our workspace. This is not really secure.

Hello @Martin_Brandenburg,
you should definitely be able to see the videos in your account. Have a look here to see if that helps: Storage of recorded video on Vimeo - #5 by Andrea_Mayer

In terms of vimeo video privacy settings take a look here: Video privacy, explained (and how to tweak settings in Vimeo) - Vimeo blog

2 Likes

I shared this with my team, we’re all so very excited for the Video messaging feature and have already tested it out! We were surprised it wasn’t available on the desktop app though, will that be updated soon?

1 Like

Hey @Lauren_Aiello not yet available for desktop. I recommend upvoting here: Video messaging in Desktop app

2 Likes