Asana is consuming the TAB in Alt+Tab

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Since the day before yesterday there’s been an odd behaviour exhibited by Asana. Asana is consuming the TAB keystroke when you Alt+Tab to it in Windows.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the Asana Description text area of any task
  2. Start a bulleted list: Shift+Ctrl+8 (Windows)
  3. Enter some text and leave the cursor on the bulleted item
  4. Switch to another application
  5. Switch back to Asana using the Windows Alt+Tab keyboard shortcut
  6. You will find that the bulleted item that you left the cursor on gets tabbed (indented) once to the right.

Browser version:
Yandex version 20.8.3.115 (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hey @Alex_Githatu, and thanks for the report!

Is there any chance you could record a screencast to illustrate this issue? Many thanks!

This works correctly on mac. Might be isolated to Windows.

1 Like

Can you try it on Google Chrome? It might also be the browser that is reading that keyboard input.

1 Like

Thanks for the input @karlog :slight_smile:

I’m still working from home and don’t have a PC to try reproducing!

@karlog same behaviour on Chrome, Vivaldi and Brave

Does the Mac also use Alt+Tab to switch between applications?

Yes. Its just named as command + tab in mac. But its the same. I am gonna try it on my windows machine now.

1 Like

@karlog, when you do, any chance you can record a screencast? Thank you :pray:t3:

@Marie @Alex_Githatu
Here is the link to the screen capture. The problem mainly occurs when you are very quick with Alt + Tab. If you are slow in releasing the keys, then the bug does not occur. This can be considered as a minor issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1–WiaItEj6YLmiqFAVAy69ubd1iPNwBW/view?usp=sharing

Confirmed. If I’m slower with the Alt+Tab then the indentation does not occur. However, that is a speed I’m unlikely to use since I’ve grown accustomed to quickly switching between applications. Especially if I’m copying and pasting content between them.