Asana Intelligence and OpenAI data privacy

Hi,

There was recently a story in the news about Samsung employees sharing confidential info with ChatGPT. The problem is that the data given to OpenAI is used to train ChatGPT, and could potentially resurface later depending on what other users are asking.

That’s the reason why ChatGPT is releasing soon an Enterprise plan (I read $2k/month somewhere :sweat_smile:).

Asana is known to be working on AI features: what’s their deal with OpenAI? Is our data safe and not used to train the algorithm? I’d love to get a pointer to Terms & Conditions or an equivalent if possible @Marie :pray:

Thanks a lot!

Hi @Bastien_Siebman,

This may answer some of your questions:

You can request access to this AI Fact Sheet here (I just did but haven’t read it yet):

We can currently turn off OpenAI if desired:

Hope that helps!

Larry

3 Likes

Thanks!

Here’s my answer " Our language learning model providers adhere to the following guidelines: […] They do not train or improve their AI models using your data."

All good then :muscle:

2 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman,

Additional corroborating info in an email I just received as Admin of an Asana org:

Our commitment to transparency: safeguards to know about

We commit to being open and clear about our partnerships, security, data collection, data protection, and management practices. Our LLM providers adhere to the following guidelines:

• They do not train or improve their AI models using your data

• They must configure their services to promptly delete your data following completion of any query and / or response

1 Like