Asana integration with Netsuite

Hi all,

I’m a long time user of Asana (previous jobs, personal project etc…) and browser of this community and currently am trying to convince the company I work for now to integrate Asana into our daily functions. I spent weeks building and optimizing a dashboard for our specific use, and everyone from my managers, to their managers, to our directors love the idea and ease of use, but their biggest concern is how it will affect our current book of record, Netsuite (please send help). They fear that Asana is so easy to use, that people will follow our process in Asana, but won’t bother to enter the information or upload the documents required for our executives to properly report, and stay compliant with industry guidelines. I’ve been using it on my team in a very minor way the past couple of weeks and have absolutely demonstrated the value it provides, but this ‘book of record’ problem is my final hurdle.

As I’m sure many of you know, using Netsuite is like pulling your hair out. It’s powerful, but clunky, and necessary info is all over the place and in my opinion it just generally sucks to interact with.

I have tried to come up with some work arounds, and my current, hypothetical fix involves a ton of custom fields + .csv exports, but that gets messy real quick. Has anyone had any experience with any Asana-Netsuite integrations and would be willing to share their thoughts? Can anyone brainstorm any work arounds I may not have thought of?

I’ve managed to get so many people on board with the idea it would be a shame to have come this far, just to get stuck at this point. Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

Hi @MellowMile and thanks for reaching out on the Forum!

I’m not familiar with Netsuite but I found this other thread in the Forum if you want to take a look into it, you might find it useful :slight_smile:

This is something i would be very interested in also.

I’m currently playing around with this tool:

1 Like

Hi friend, can you push more details in inbox so we can discuss and make something up :wink:

Regards,
Rume Hawuyu

Hi buddy did you do so yet? Still waiting.

Did you get a chance to try Celigo for this? Should be relatively straightforward.

Late to this thread but just curious how you are using the Celigo integrator with NetSuite? What are a few of your use cases?

Also, how much does the CELIGO tool cost?

1 Like

Hello guys,

I just found this topic browsing the internet, and wanted to share a few thoughts regarding the integration with Netsuite.

You can try the Skyvia app. It can integrate Asana and Netsuite without coding

Welcome, @Elly_Walker,

I see you’ve just joined and promoted Skyvia in a couple of threads. Do you have any relationship with this organization or product? If so, our practice in this Forum is to disclose that in every post.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Hello Larry. I’m just sharing my personal experience, maybe someone will find it useful. Thank you

Thanks for your input @Elly_Walker, we’d love to hear more about your experience! Would you be willing to share about your use case?

We have a software development company that uses Asana for task and project management, and NetSuite for managing finances, orders, and customer relationships.

Here is an example of a user case as we use Asana and NetSuite integration:

On the Asana side, the project manager creates a new task for a developer with specific requirements, deadlines, and priorities.
When a new task is created in Asana, the information is automatically transferred to NetSuite, where it is recorded in the system as a new order.
Once the developer completes the task in Asana, they mark it as completed.
The task status in Asana is automatically updated in NetSuite, where the sales manager sees that the order has been fulfilled.
The sales manager in NetSuite generates an invoice, which is automatically sent to the client.
After the payment is received from the client, the payment information is automatically passed to Asana, where the project manager sees that the project has been successfully completed and paid for.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Elly_Walker, that’s super useful!

1 Like

if anybody need Netsuite integration Services visit Ledger Labs