Asana for Students with ADHD

I recently learned that I have ADHD. In my quest for tricks and tools, I came across Asana and have been testing it for 10 days now. It has been helping me a lot because I no longer have 10 different To-do Lists and can see all my tasks in one place or look at them per project and so on. What also really helps is the timeline feature and seeing the tasks in relation to each other.

Here are some things that I have been thinking about and that I would love some Tipps on. I’m also hoping this will help some others with ADHD/ADD to use asana to improve their lives. If you have any additional ideas I’m very eager to try them :slight_smile:

1. On bad days it’s really hard to look at my to-do’s and prioritize them. I’ve tried to tag Exams and Important Dates but it’s not “catching” enough. Is there a way to really make a task “scream at you” from the list? Like making the whole task a color?

2. As I am using asana on my own the tools used by companies are distracting me a bit. Assigning all the tasks to myself seems like a bit of a waste of time. Is there a way to hide the like, comment & assigning functions?

3. I have a few Projects where I collect ideas. I put them in as tasks and add pictures, links, and so on. Is there a way to hide them from my general task list?

4. I would love to track my time for tasks to get better with time management and learn how long I usually need for things like washing my dishes, studying for an exam, and so on. I am currently using “Nesto Pomodoro Timer” as a focusing tool. I saw there is a Pomodoro tool for asana but somehow I got distracted along the way. Is anyone using this as a focus tool and time tracker?

Thank you so much and I look forward to read your answers :slight_smile:

1 Like