Asana Charts - estimated vs actual

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had experience designing a burn up chart in asana that shows the estimated completion time vs the actual, where you can see how many weeks ahead or behind you are on a project?

You can create a formula field showing Actual - Estimated, and then create a chart in a dashboarding showing a burnup based on that new field you created. Would that work?

1 Like

Hello Bastien,
Thank you for the quick response. We’re using story points – I have a total for the backlog x and I have an average story points completed per sprint. What I want to show is how many sprints to complete the project? Do you think the your suggestion will work?

I am not sure this info would be available directly, you will have to read the chart and see when the two lines on a burner meet… @Arthur_BEGOU @Richard_Sather what do you think?

Currently, there aren’t any charts in Asana that can plot future trends based on current data such as velocity.

But a 3rd party plugin such as screenful.com provides elaborate charts such as these. Probably PowerBI also supports this, which requires Enterprise tier to integrate with Asana.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.