Asana and Workflowmax Integration

Hi, I am using Asana for Task and Project management in our company. My company is using Workflowmax for project billing, invoicing and time tracking.

Is there a way I can integrate the time tracking of Workflowmax with Asana? Same way as HarvestApp, only through Workflowmax.

Appreciate any insight.

Hi,

The three potentials for integration are always: existing pre-built integration; 3rd party tool; custom integration.

Pre-built integration:
Asana doesn’t have an integration with Workflowmax, and it doesn’t appear that Workflowmax has one with Asana (looking at Workflowmax add-ons). So no luck here.

3rd party tool:
The main 3rd party tool for integrating with Asana is Zapier. Alas it seems Zapier does not support Workflowmax. There are other 3rd party tools for Asana integration as well, like Unito and tray.io, but I can’t see any support for Workflowmax among them - although you might want to reach out to them to verify that. But it looks like this option is a no-go as well.

Custom integration:
You’re left with the option of building a custom integration using Asana’s API, if you have a developer resource available to you; or of hiring a developer to do it (best to contact @Bastien_Siebman if you’re interested in that).

This is probably not the answer you were hoping for, but this is what I see.

There is also importing/exporting to consider, but I don’t think that’s going to very viable in this instance. Perhaps others have an idea about this.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response @Phil_Seeman! I was also looking and hoping for a simpler solution :stuck_out_tongue: to this query. Thought I would reply to show that there are others who have the same request! Might reach out to @Bastien_Siebman to see if he can help me too!

Have a lovely day all!

Did you have any luck with this Radina? I’m looking to do the same…
Thanks

Hi @Alu_Lu and @Radina_Galabova and anyone else reading this.

We’ve built a tool that syncs all your WorkflowMax Jobs and Tasks on a schedule to a Google Sheet which you can then use with Zapier to integrate other apps.

We have clients that use it with apps like Asana such as Trello to make kanban boards to manage all their Jobs and others that use it to connect to data visualisation services like Data Studio to get insights on their operations.

My video here shows how I connect it to Zapier and sync my Jobs to Asana (cos I love Asana!) → https://youtu.be/xWJ9Zp9ocTc

Have a look at the add-on here → https://unlimited.shooshmonkey.com/solutions/workflowmax-zapier-integration-export-tool

It’s a start but at least one simple and cost-effective way to integrate WFM with Zapier.

@Alu_Lu @Radina_Galabova Kristiina_Gwynne

+1 for this feature - any idea how you get it on the asana roadmap?

Kris_Hogh nice workaround, however, would be interesting to understand if this is an enhancement that asana are going to roadmap

thanks @Sam_Saxton and also welcome to the Asana community, not sure if integrating Asana to WorkflowMax is high on the agenda for them and I’ve spoken to WorkflowMax at length and a Zapier integration isn’t in the pipeline for the near future either. But I do agree, much prefer native integrations but until then I’ll keep building the things that are needed while the Asanas and WorkflowMax’s continue doing their thang! Cheers!

Hey Kris, thanks for the tutorial. Do you need a paid zapier account to achieve this? Or can you get away with the free version?

Hi Kris,

Is your export tool still available to purchase to hook up WFM to Zapier?

Thanks