Archive conversations

Hi all,

How do you guys deal with Conversations? I really want to archive the “finished” ones but there is only a Delete button and that makes me feel weird…

Thanks!

1 Like

^ This made me laugh. :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, I appreciate your concern here! To be honest, I haven’t found a need to delete conversations. If they’re happening in a discrete thread with comments rather than new post-after-post, I find the conversations just fade away. I don’t notice old conversations because new ones take precedent. Yet, if I need to find an old conversation (which I did today, actually!) it’s great to know I can just used advanced search to search for it.

What do you think of my interpretation?

I agree with you that it would feel weird to delete conversations. It seems contrary to the spirit of transparency and Asana-ness.

Hi @Bastien_Siebman
We do not delete conversations either in my company for the same reasons as @Alexis
However the list can become long, and talking about that I am wondering if Progress Status really need to be converted into a conversation as we already have access to in “progress”. This is not exactly the topic here but I opened the topic some weeks ago:

I would apppreciate to get your feedback on that topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am part of a small team of three and I realized my two associates did not answer to some conversations a few days/weeks back. So I found myself scrolling through all the conversations to find which ones were unanswered :frowning: I feel like a conversation can be “closed” at some point, just like an email can be archived in a folder…

4 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. I’d really like to see an “archive” option too! Very odd that it’s not there. If it bugs you that much. maybe a workaround would be having a Team dedicated solely to archived conversations, which you can then move them to?

Not a bad idea @Bobby_McGivney :wink:

1 Like

Two years later, still no Archive … I’m surprised, it’s so clearly needed…

1 Like