App integrations configurations in templates

Hi All,

We have about 100 different teams running in our instance for which we’ve created templates to implement validations, integrations to other apps etc as part of their workflow.

Unfortunately there is no way to preserve these configurations in a template. I know that a lot of these integrations have individual user / seat licenses but in general there should be a way to embed those settings into the templates.

Instead of give users a standarized template and workflows it’s really an invitation for each user to create their own workflow.

Best,

6 Likes

Hi @anon70768603,

From the Project Templates 2.0 announcement:

Apps/Integrations/Dashboards are not supported just yet but our Product team are working on introducing these very soon!

Asana knows they are an important element to have available in templates.

3 Likes

As a reminder we created a collaborative list of supported features with template V2 Project templates V2: what we gain, what we lose

Having slack as a action that can be saved on the rules for templates would make communication and notification much easier.

2 Likes

The project template doesn’t allow you to include an app integration like google. We use google drive for all our work, so every time we create a new project from a template, we then have to go back into that project and do “customize → add app → google drive.”

I would like to do this once in the template so it is always there in any project created from a template.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Kristin_Eberhard1 :wave:

I have merged your post into an existing feedback request thread to consolidate the votes. Don‘t forget to upvote :slight_smile:

I second this request. We need it too, please.

I saw a couple forums saying this was fixed, but it’s not working for me.

Originally I was convert a task to a project from a rule, but it doesn’t work manually either.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Create a project template. Add google calendar integration to it

2. Create a task and convert to project

3. There are 3 rules on the template, but as you can see, there are only 2 rules and the google calendar integration is not in place. I created the template, integration, and new task, so it shouldn’t be a permission issue

I would expect the google calendar integration to be there. It is not scalable to add the rule and integration to every single project that is created.

1 Like

I believe that’s expected/known, see my point #2 on Project templates V2: what we gain, what we lose

Right @lpb ?

Welcome, @anon57863704,

This is a known limitation that Asana was supposed to be working on according to this thread.

I’ve merged your post into an existing thread where you can click the title to scroll to the top and vote by clicking the purple Vote button.

Thanks,

Larry

We are currently integrated with PageProof but have to manually add it to each new project. I am wondering if there is a way to have the template add the application as default?

Welcome, @Asana_Admin23,

I’ve merged your post into an existing thread where you can click the title to scroll to the top and vote by clicking the purple Vote button.

Thanks,

Larry