Anyone suffering from spam submission to their Asana Form?

Hi,

If you receive spammy submissions on your publicly available form, I’d like to talk. I have a solution I’d like to test =)

Thanks!

PS: this is not a post to talk about the missing feature, but just find a workaround while waiting for one

2 Likes

I know this is an old post but we do have a spam problem with our public forms (the new form permission feature won’t help in this case) and I don’t see any other posts addressing the issue. I’m curious about the solution you came up.

My idea was to add a question with a dropdown, just like a capcha, with something like “What’s 1+1” and if the answer is not 2, cancel the task through automation…

I have seen traces of capcha in forms here and there, but nothing officially on the roadmap.

Would that solution work?

1 Like

That’s an interesting solution Bastien. Thank you! I wish we could integrate Google’s “I’m not a robot” checkbox captcha.

Come on, Asana, how hard would it be for you to add a Captcha or Google’s “I’m not a robot”? This is such a standard feature for public-facing web forms.

2 Likes

Any updates on this? I’m tempted to try the feature, but went searching on the forums because I assumed forms would be a spam magnet on a public website.

@Bastien_Siebman did you end up running with your solution, or have Asana delivered on what I assume is a pretty obvious issue. Your 1+1 idea is a good one.

I saw somewhere else that the thread was closed and shifted into a product feature request but I couldn’t see that one.

I never ended up doing anything, but with rules you can now easily ask a dropdown question and if the answer is not the right one, triage submission into a “Spam” section. I haven’t seen spam on forms in years…

I know this is pretty old now, but just to say - we get an ENORMOUS amount of spam on our public forms, and I just put in a support ticket because the only forum posts I could find about it were 3-4 years old. (And then I found this one!) The dropdown question is a potential workaround but kind of an annoying one. Anyone else find a solution for this yet?

I haven’t heard of any solution, but also never ever came across anyone with this issue :confused: sorry you are impacted