Android widget won't keep sort settings

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Android widget constantly reverts from custom sort. Expected behavior is that is if I set it to sort by date, it will stay that way until I change the sort again.

Steps to reproduce: create Android widget. Sort by date. Do some other stuff, maybe interact with widget or Asana, maybe not. Sorting will revert to default, which is by completion status.

Browser version: Asana 6.19.3 on Android 9, Pixel 3 XL

Upload screenshots below: no need, it’s easy to reproduce. Lmk if you need more troubleshooting.

Hi @MichaelN! Welcome to the Forum and apologies for the trouble. Thank you for your report. I was able to reproduce this on my end, so I’ve escalated the problem to our Development team for investigation. I will keep you posted as soon as I have an update on this issue.

Hi @MichaelN, thank you for your patience. We’ve had a look into this case and actually, this is not a bug, but expected behaviour. The mobile app doesn’t preserve sorting settings. That being said, any setting you set on iOS or Android will be reset the next time you open it. As a workaround, you can go to the Web app to change and save the sorting. Once this is done, you will be able to view the same sorting when using your mobile app. We really appreciate your report, and I have added your feedback to our Product team for consideration!