Allow to sort/filter Reports by multiple criteria (ie: Assignee and due date)

These cases on Sorting in Asana were closed but I still see some issues. I have a report for open and past due tasks that are sorted by Assignee but within their assignee sections, the due dates are all over the place. I don’t think there needs to be a sort option, but if the system could be updated to automatically sort by the due date. I can’t think of any other order you would need when reviewing past due and upcoming tasks. But perhaps an additional sort option is needed for others who see a need. See attached image for reference.

Hi @Olive and thanks for sharing this feedback with us! From what I understand, you’d like Sort and filter project by multiple fields (Due date and assignee for example) - #30 by Tim_Horn to be applied to Reports, am I right?

I’ve gone ahead and renamed your thread to make it more discoverable to other users!

1 Like

Thank you, Marie. My main focus is sorting within a Search Report, but sorting by multiple criteria would be a good feature for any list within Asana. For me, it doesn’t have to be a feature that is immediately available, it just seems odd that tasks aren’t automatically sorted by the due date regardless of what initial sort criteria is selected.

3 Likes

Ohhh, I wish I could vote x1000 for this! This would solve all the things for our agency! Need this for sure!

1 Like

Very frustrating that if we add a custom field to a report, we then can’t sort by this field in the report.

Why is Asana so anti to reviewing and implementing requests around filters and sorting. This is so unbelievably annoying.

Every place you try to filter or sort in Asana whether it’s in a project or a report or in myTasks you always hit a brick wall. Please ASANA LOOK AT YOUR FILTERING AND SORTING OPTIONS.

2 Likes