Allow to automatically add subtasks to project

@Bastien_Siebman I’m with John on this. When someone assigns a subtask like “Finalize report” to me, it shows up in My Task list with zero context. To figure out what it means, I have to click on the subtask to click on the parent to check which project we’re talking about. That makes My Tasks basically unreadable.

Add to that that if a subtask does get added to project, then it goes in the top-level list for the entire project, negating the whole point of a “Subtask”. It means that by design, the user cannot see a subtask’s most basic feature - which project it’s a part of. Add to that the fact that outside of the browser, you can’t see subtasks when looking at a project, and it’s literally impossible to get an overview of a projet with subtasks.

These are all basic design flaws that Asana staff have been talking their way out of having to fix for years. I don’t know if it’s an awkward code base that can’t be fixed or a product team that just doesn’t understand how project management happens, but it’s made Asana more trouble than it was worth. .

8 Likes