Allow "How We'll Collaborate" title to be editable and/or default to "Description"

We have eight years of project descriptions which now each look like a mistake because they appear under the heading “How We’ll Collaborate” instead of “Description” as they’d been.

Even the current Asana Guide (Create a Project Overview to Showcase your Asana Project • Asana Product Guide) refers to this field as “Description:”

I don’t think it’s reasonable to repurpose a long-existing, commonly-used, prominent field without recourse or warning.

Any approach to make it editable, or selectable from choices that include something more like before (like “Description”), or just defaulted with something more like Description would resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks for creating this thread, @lpb! I’ll share your feedback with the team so we can consider it in future updates!

1 Like

I completely agree. Love the new overview tab, but ‘How to Collaborate’ is not relevant to us. We all know how we collaborate! What teams DO need to know at a glance is the vision and context behind a project so we are all aligned and not talking at cross-purposes. Making the ‘How to Collaborate’ title editable will mean that the project description in that field actually makes sense.
Hiding the project description half way down the page in the resource section, with only the first line showing, is not helpful. As a software development company, we don’t get a briefing document from clients (but I can see why this would be useful for digital agencies with a ‘production-line’ process).

1 Like

fyi…:

Larry

This will be addressed soon @lpb. Please keep an eye out on Introducing Project Overview, Project Brief, and Messages - #31 for updates on this topic.

1 Like

It’s been a year and I don’t see any movement. We’re going to use the “How We’ll Collaborate” field as the project description, but it looks pretty stupid.

This article referenced is now closed so curious if this is something that will be addressed.

Hi @Francis_Mallari, thanks for reaching out. this feature is already available and you can edit the “How we’ll collaborate” title in the project Overview. See more details in the gif below:

ezgif.com-gif-maker

If you are not able to edit this title or description, it’s likely that you don’t have edit access to the project. You can find more details on how to update project permissions here: Project permissions | Product guide • Asana Product Guide. I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.