AI Teammates

Lodging a complaint regarding the new “AI Teammates” bar under the “Agents” side of the Asana app.

NO ONE ASKED YOU FOR AI TEAMMATES. I find the AI bots that Asana creates to be more trouble than they are worth, and the fact that now, if I want to check the rules, templates and forms section, I have to first click through the AI teammate tab is ridiculous.

Get over your AI obsession and leave Asana to the actual people who use it.

Hi @Andrew_Hoy_Mades, welcome to the community, and thanks for sharing your feedback. I understand how the new AI Teammates section can be disruptive if it’s not something you plan to use.

AI Teammates are part of Asana AI, so they can be turned off by an admin from the Admin Console.

Steps to disable AI Teammates:

  1. Click your profile picture in Asana.
  2. Open the Admin console.
  3. Go to the Settings tab.
  4. Under Domain settings, select Asana AI.
  5. Uncheck Enable Asana AI.

Once disabled, AI features (including AI Teammates) will no longer appear and your organization’s data will not be processed by AI features.

I hope that helps! If you have any questions or run into any issues, let us know. :slightly_smiling_face:

I also have this issue. The permission set is to broad. We are already using non agentic Ai functionality. Disabling this hobbles us.

I would like direct controls over AI Teammates setup outside of your standard AI toggle.

We only want to turn off the Asana AI Teammates functionality, not all AI features. Is this not a possibility? the tab under Agents is causing mass confusion in our org and we need to turn it off/not prompt users to ‘learn more’ and ‘contact us to get started’

@Iren_Vilaniso Just wanted to follow up on these posts. I just received an email that AI Teammates is rolling out to my entire org this upcoming week.

As @Trisha_Travis mentioned, there really should be a way to toggle off Teammates while still leaving the AI features intact. Is there any update about this? Is this something we can expect in the near future?

Adding to the feedback above, I agree it would be very helpful to be able to toggle off user access to AI Teammates specifically. While our org has found great value in Asana’s AI automations (previously Rules), we have a separate strategy and non-Asana tooling for AI agents, and made the decision a few months back that we won’t be using Teammates anytime soon. The notification that has gone out to all users in our org today letting them know AI Teammates is available is already causing confusion. I found this post when searching for instructions on how to toggle AI Teammates off while still allowing us to use other AI Studio features. Hoping that this becomes an option very soon.

Adding to this thread that the rollout of AI Teammates has caused a lot of confusion for our teams and it would be great if we could turn off AI Teammates but still use AI Studio features for automations (previously rules)!