Advanced Search Not Sorting Correctly by Assignee

I ran an advanced search to see all incomplete tasks across my team and want to sort it by assignee. The search runs, but when I go to sort by assignee, it does not sort correctly. It duplicates each assignee several times.

Steps to reproduce:
Run advanced search for all INCOMPLETE TASKS, DUE in the next 2 weeks, IN TEAMS XYZ

Browser version: Chrome and Microsoft Edge

Upload screenshots below:

2 Likes

Yes, I replicate this, in Chrome.

Mods, I believe you have a new bug on your hands. Super users, sorry to always ping you instead of mods, but I just can’t remember their names and I do remember yours. @Bastien_Siebman @lpb @Emily_Roman

1 Like

@Stephanie_Oberg and @Gabby,

I concur. I reproduced this in the one org I tried just now.

Pinging @Community_Managers for Stephanie’s benefit!

Thanks,

Larry

3 Likes

@Stephanie_Oberg they are @Emily_Roman and @Rebecca_McGrath :heart: but the handle Larry shared is much better

1 Like

Hi all, thanks for flagging this!

This is indeed a bug and our Engineering team are looking into it with high priority. As soon as I have any updates, I’ll let you all know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please to see how widely used this feature is that a bug is found so quickly. I just came across this yesterday while doing some EOM reporting. Thanks for reporting the bug, @Gabby and thanks for the bringing this to the engineering team, @Rebecca_McGrath!

2 Likes

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Using the search feature to find any kind of task selection, then sorting by assignee no longer works, this appears to be a feature regression. What you see instead is the assignee displayed multiple times.

Steps to reproduce:

• Search for anything, or even all tickets
  • Use the sort by “assignee” option

Browser version:

Google Chrome OSX - Version 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Upload screenshots below:

This shows the items by the same user are not grouped together.

Cheers
Mike

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue - my reports are built on custom searches by Sprint and assignee and after this week’s release they are breaking up the list of names when sorted by assignee.

Hi @Charles_Haynie and @Mike_Parkin, thanks for flagging this!

This is indeed a bug and our Engineering team are looking into it with high priority. As soon as I have any updates, I’ll let you all know :slight_smile:

Awesome! Great to hear it’s being looked at. Any update on timing?

Was there a recent update to the way reports are sorted by assignee? Previously all tasks would show up under the assignee for your query parameters. Now assignees are listed several times with a few tasks per listing, which makes it hard to review tasks per person.

Hi @Kelley_Wilds, thanks for reaching out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! We use those for our sprint planning, so we appreciate your team being on top of it

I just checked my asana board and it looked like it was fixed. Is it working for anyone else?

It seems to be working for me as well, @Gabby

Yup, fixed for me as well.

Thanks Asana team!!!

Hi all, thanks for your patience here!

Our Product team has confirmed that this should now be fixed :slight_smile: :tada: