Advanced Search for tasks without any due date (NoDate)

Hi @Anna_Malmstedt :wave:t3:

There is no ideal way to get this at the moment; the best option I can think of is to run an Advanced Search for all tasks assigned to you; and sort the list of results by due dates. All tasks with no due date will automatically be grouped at the bottom!

We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread; hope thatā€™s ok!

@Anna_Malmstedt This has been requested for a long long time Advanced Search for tasks without any due date (NoDate) It is so fundamental to what is preached by Asana as absolute principles in using Asana. Hopefully this can be moved up the priority list or when they have their interns do clean-up this can be done. It actually is a very vulnerable hole in execution accountability.

2 Likes

This is crazy, seems like such a simple search. Is there no plan to implement this feature? We just got Asana premium hoping to get better reporting features and saw how incredibly basic the reporting is. Glad we just did a 15 person pilot before moving forward with a several thousand user organization enterprise purchase. This issue has been open since October 2016, how is this not a feature yet?

1 Like

@alexis. TY for your workaround. I would like to echo this request as many have. I think it is a big hole in the system that needs to be addressed. Please escalate this request as much as you can.

Somewhat amazing delay to implement what should be an easy feature.

When managing my teams, I want to see which tasks people have forgotten to put a due date on so I can ensure good project management principles around disciplined goals.

Not having this feature seems like a large gap to allow managers to oversee their teams properly.

3 Likes

I agree with the theme of this convo - seems an easy option esp with the no project and no assignee filters already availableā€¦

I have seen this question a few times with no answer - how do we run a report or do a search for tasks with no due date? I have seen the Nobody, no project reports for assignee and project fields, is that coming soon as well?

Hi @Jenny_Empson Yes unfortunately it is not very easy to get that report.
Here is a link that might help achieve what you are afterā€¦

Jason.

This is an absolute must have feature. The workarounds are reasonable, but a direct search on anything without a due date is a basic need. Sure hope this is added soon. Thanks for suggesting it!

Is it possible to run a report showing all tasks that do not have a due date assigned to them? Thanks!

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search for tasks without any due date (NoDate)

Hi everyone.

Here in my company we organize our tasks by Due Date in chronological order. In the brief implementation process we had, everyone agreed that no task should be assigned without due date.

Unfortunately with flexibility comes responsibility and sometimes a task goes by without date. With the chronological order this means that all tasks without dates are sent to the end of the list and may be left unchecked.

I can just roll down to my list every few days but I would like to create a report and signal to everyone which tasks are passing by unnoticed. It would be really helpful if I could do an advanced search and filter the due date field with a kind of ā€œnullā€ parameter.

I know I could export projects and filter them, but using the built in advanced search would be a lot easier.

Thank you all in advance.

Hi @Joao_Gabler and thank you so much for your feedback!

We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread; hope thatā€™s ok!

Have a look at the tips above, you might find a workaround that suits you.

Have a great Friday!:grinning:

Another +1 here, almost 3 years and no real answer to this :open_mouth:

Interesting. 3 years and no solution.

After my past (mostly positive) experience with Asana iā€™m starting to use Asana in my current company, where is lot of teams (and quite a big headcount), in part of them iā€™ll keep responsibility as a ā€œAsana masterā€ for following rules. One of them will be ā€œThere is no task without due dateā€. But there is still no tool for efective discovery of such a tasks. Please, can you implement such a feature, to have a search rule NoDate? Thanks

3 Likes

Just to add a voice to say itā€™s 2020 now and weā€™re still waitingā€¦

7 Likes

This is a must have. Please add this filter.

It is fairly straightforward and we use it daliy

Need to have a way to filter tasks without due dates assigned.

Unfortunately that request is at least 2 years maybe 3 years old.

1 Like

This would also be incredibly useful. Please add this.

2 Likes