Advanced Search for tasks without any due date (NoDate)

@Alexis I think this is to request all tasks that do not have a due date just like assignee = Nobody. To the best of my knowledge there is no Advance Search that you can specifically ask for only tasks or subtasks that have a blank due date.

4 Likes

@Alexis @James_Carl Yes, I was looking for a way to find all tasks w/o a due date.

I use a the work around search, but then I always see my taks with dates first. It woud be great when the no date feature will be implemented. For GTD is a no date essential, it helps to narrow the focus.

@Arkadi_Jampolski you can find a workaround here:

We would also love to see the ability to create a report for all tasks without a due date. Thank you for continuing to improve your outstanding product.

4 Likes

Really hope to see the ability to search for tasks without any due dates on the road-map for the coming year. As I have helped out a number of companies I very often see orphan tasks created months ago that are not being picked up because no due date was put in. This leave a black hole in the Asana data. Thanks for your consideration.

3 Likes

+1 for a “No Due Date” option. I would also like an option to show tasks that only have a due date and not show tasks without a due date. In other words, I would also like a “Has Due Date” option.

@Kyle_Stay I still believe this leaves a fundamental hole in the the often stressed good task management of assigning a Due Date. As I work with a few organizations I can speak from experience that there are tasks without due dates that linger aimlessly. I really wish this could be moved up the roadmap as it is so fundamental and not having the ability to search for these could be improved beyond just knowing they show up on some searches at the bottom of a sort.

1 Like

I like organizing tasks without due dates, and simply as Today, Upcoming, and Later. Otherwise, I have to postpone them and change their due dates (and status from Today to Upcoming) repeatedly as I try to get to them. This wastes time.

When Asana started, tasks that were due today (according to the calendar) had to be marked Today manually. This gave us a way to select the tasks we really expected to work on, today, and to leave the tasks that we had scheduled for today in a separate category. That is, it made easier managing tasks of various levels of urgency to us, but that did not have hard due dates with clients or customers.

Still strongly believe it leaves tasks potentially in a black hole that needs to be fixed. Logic must be written because similar searches for empty fields exists. Let’s hope for 2018 to plug this hole.

3 Likes

I hope too

1 Like

Hi! Just adding to the community voice here that it would be incredibly useful to be able to run an advanced search for due date = no date. Really looking forward to seeing this in the near future!

3 Likes

+1 vote to implement this feature. We are on a team where we are trying to help the team identify their tasks without due dates, so that they can self-assign due dates. It is difficult to identify tasks without due dates when:

1. tasks are buried in the long list or the task/sub-task structure
  2. some tasks have due dates and some don’t
  3. the interface is cluttered with the custom tags we have defined, so it’s difficult to scan the due date column in the search results.

Request/Recommendation: for the “Due Date” search criteria field:

• go beyond the options “within the next
”, “within the last
”, “between”, and “on”.
  • add a fifth option for “Due Date not set.”

Thanks for your consideration and support.

3 Likes

@scbalazs This one has a lengthy history of request. This would be a great addition to Advanced Search and is fundamental to every task having an Assignee and Due Date basic to project management
 Hopefully it rises on the roadmap. Here is the original thread. Advanced Search for tasks without any due date (NoDate) Your request will probably be combined with this thread. Thanks for the thoughts.

5 Likes

I swear I could do this before, but I essentially want a report by Project of any tasks missing a Due Date. I can search on Due Date “within
,” “between
,” and “on
” but not “none” or blank. Possible?

3 Likes

Hi @scbalazs! I recommend that you sort the project by due date and you’ll see all tasks with no due date at the bottom of the list.

1 Like

Thanks. I kinda want this option in Search/Reports, so I can see all tasks that haven’t yet been assigned a due date (and then I’d sort/group them by project). So if the search filters had “Date Due is blank/null” or something like that in addition to “within
” “between
” “on
” etc.

6 Likes

Hi, I cannot find a way to create a report for tasks with no due date. Is it possible? Thanks.

Hi @Patrick_EMIN! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread. Have a look at the tips above!

1 Like

Hello, I’m looking to create a custom search/report that shows me all Tasks assigned to me that do not have any due dates assigned yet. The purpose is to easily find tasks that I should update with a due date but for which the timeline was unclear at first. Does anyone have any advise?

1 Like