Adoption Reporting

Hi! We are doing a heavy push for Asana adoption at our agency. I’m looking for an easy way to track Asana use and adoption across members. I’m familiar with portfolios and custom search, but these don’t seem to give me what I need. Any resources or ideas would be helpful! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Hannah,

I’m no expert, but a process I’ve used with clients is to set them up with daily and weekly tasks on a single project. We show each person how to turn their reminders on for daily and weekly so that they are sure to interact with Asana
regularly. One of the daily tasks is to check MY TASKS. If your agency numbers in the dozens (not the hundreds :wink: you can just see who has outstanding tasks. It’s not a report per se, but it gives you a feel for who’s ‘touching’ ASANA every day. I hope this
makes sense.

Hi Hannah,

This is a really great question! You almost need an analytics dashboard to see usage at your organization (such as last active, number of times active, number of completed tasks, number of assigned tasks, number of tasks commented on, etc). I don’t believe Asana currently has any analytics within Asana, unless it’s part of the Admin tools. You could probably get the data through an API and pull it into a BI tool like Power BI. That would be really fun to do. Hmmm, I might even want to do that :slight_smile:. There was a Power BI app for Asana, but it was extremely limited and I think they removed it.

Katie

Hi Hannah, I’m not aware of a way to do this within Asana, but if (as @Katie_Reynolds mentioned) you’re looking to see the number of tasks assigned per member, the number of tasks completed per member, and other similar reports, you could use an Asana reporting integration like Velocity.

For example, if you wanted to see the number of Asana tasks (including both incomplete and completed) assigned to each member, you could:

1. Sign into Velocity
  2. Go to Reports > New Report
  3. Use the default settings for the report (Y-axis: Tasks, X-axis: Assignees) to see the number of tasks assigned to each Asana member

You can see other examples of reports on the Velocity demo site, or try out the “New Report” demo page to see what’s possible. Our report builder lets you group and filter by many different Asana data types, so you could see usage by team, project, etc.

Here’s an example of what a report might look like:

If Velocity doesn’t give you what you’re looking for, there are other Asana reporting integrations listed in the Asana app directory.

Disclosure: I’m a founder of Velocity.

1 Like

Hi Tom -

I was playing around with Velocity yesterday, my limitation seemed to be timeframes. I couldn’t figure out how to pull for a specific date range. Is that possible?

Also, I couldn’t find a way to request a demo, is that possible?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi
If you’re admin then you can download from the admin page a csv file containing: users, first login date, last activity date, nb of teans and projects for each member,…
I’ve used that to track the adoption in my company with 200 users since 2 years, and I’m still using it, it’s very useful :+1:
You just need to load the csv in Excel and make some formulas to track the number of daily users, weekly users, % of adoption,…

2 Likes

Hi @Hannah_Vidal, re: timeframes, you can add filters to a report to only show data from a certain timeframe. For example, if you wanted to only count tasks that were created within the past month, you could go to Reports > New Report, then click “Filters > +” and choose “Created Date > Within > Last 1 month”. There are other time-based filters, too, like Completed Date and Due Date.

We’ve received your request for a demo (it looks like you used the button on the homepage, which is the best way to request one), and someone from our team will be reaching out to you soon!

1 Like

Thank you Julien! This is exactly what I was looking for. I am not sure how I missed this and that Asana didn’t tell me about this when I asked. Thank you so much!

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that :grinning::+1:

Hi Katie

I also tried the Power BI app a while ago and found it a bit clunky to use. However, I did find out how to create a link between Google Sheets and Power BI on the desktop:

If you’ve got the ‘Sync to Google Sheets’ feature switched on, this opens up a lot of possibilities.

1 Like

This is great thanks :slight_smile:
any other tools that we can use to make reports?
Cheers
G

@Alger,

As mentioned above, you can see different alternatives at https://asana.com/apps?category=reporting.

I’ll put in a plug for Asana2Go (disclaimer: I’m the creator). See below and many other threads here in the forum

Larry

1 Like

@Alger @Hannah_Vidal You should also take a look at the Screenful Dashboard for Asana. It provides all the typical reports out-of-the box without any configuration. Here’s an example dashboard that allows you to track the number of tasks done within a specific date range per assignee/tag/project etc.

You can see the live demo at https://app.screenful.me/share/e15266cd