1. Open task
  2. Remove existing project
  3. Add new project
    4 save
  4. UI reverts to previous state.
  5. Repeat 2-4 and it works

Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

Welcome to the Forum @anon11213665 and sorry to hear your experiencing this issue.

Would you mind trying to reinstall the app and let me know if the issue persists?
If yes, can you please share the following information?

• Is this issue isolated to one task or do you have issues when trying to add a Project to any task?
  • Are other changes on the task also failing to save (e.g. adding due date, assignee, etc.)?

Looking forward to your reply!

Nope everything else is fine, it’s just this and happens very consistently for me. Can you reproduce it using my steps?

Hi @anon11213665 and @Natalia
I got this error as well.

When changing the project in the Android App you have a little window box come up… When you click the Save button it reverts to the previous project…

See attached screen grab from my phone…

Hope this helps the Dev Team @Natalia
Jason.

1 Like

Hi @Jason_Woods and @anon11213665 and sincere apologies for the delay in responding!

Thank you for the follow-up! I have filed a task for the Team in charge to investigate this. I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have more information about it!

Thank you again for your help!

1 Like

I cannot add a project from the Android app, and also I cannot log out. Can you help solve this. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still same issue.

Hi @anon11213665 can you confirm what version of the app you’re using?

@Helen_Pappa, what happens when you’re trying to log out? Do you see an error message? Can you also confirm what version of the Asana app you’re using?

I’m on 6.38.5

I just downloaded the android latest version. When I try to log out, I see a black screen. I still cannot add a project.

@anon11213665 and @Helen_Pappa, thanks for your swift repies, that’s very helpful! One follow-up question, do you already have projects within your project list, or is it completely blank? If possible, could you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing there?

Our hunch is that you might have been invited to an Organisation, but not to a Team. In Asana, all projects you create must be nested in a Team, so you if you haven’t been added to an existing team or created a new one yet, it might explain why you’re unable to create a project!

Hope this helps, we look forward to your reply!

I have a personal team, so doesn’t look like it is that.

I have no problem creating projects, just adding tasks to them. My original repro steps from the initial post are the problem. Can you try them on one of your accounts?

I dont know what you mean.
The web version works, but I cant create a new project in the android app, AND I cannot sign out either.

Wothout these two functions, the app is unusable and wi be deleted with bad reviews for it.

And now, all of a sudden, it started working again.
EVEN WORSE.

Intermittent function is not the way to go.

It looks like you have a BUG that needs to be fixed.

Hi @Marie
The problem that I believe @anon11213665 and I are seeing is in the quick video clip that I did. linked here
https://forum.asana.com/t/add-to-project-bug-android/73639/4?u=jason_woods

Hope that helps.

Jaosn.

1 Like

Thanks @Jason_Woods!

Our team has pushed a fix for the issue that you and @anon11213665 are running into. It will be available with the next Android release (6.39.4), so moving this thread to #bugs:resolved-bugs for now. Please let us know if you continue running into trouble after this update.

@Helen_Pappa, the two issues you’re describing are different, could you please create a new thread in #bugs:report-a-bug and provide us with more info (screenshots, version of Android you’re using, version of your Asana app…) Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @Marie
I have the latest build but same problem…
6.39.5 is the build I have.

Jason.

Agreed this is not fixed.