Add the same field twice to a project

Hi Asana Team,

I did some research without finding any equivalent post, sorry if I missed it.

It would be great to be able to add twice the same field to a project, without having to recreate a second identical field (and knowing that today it is not possible to duplicate a field without doing it manually).

Julien

I don’t think we have another thread requesting this feature! Thanks @Julien_RENAUD! I’ll make sure to keep you posted if we have any plans to launch this feature or something similar :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Julien_RENAUD in what way do you see this suggestion serving differently then allowing for custom fields to have a multi-select option? :face_with_monocle:

Same idea indeed. I made a search, and in fact that feedback already exists, @Emily_Roman you can close this topic if you want.

1 Like

Hi, I am looking to duplicate the Field and change the name keeping all the options same. For instance

Here I have created a Design Complete Field. I just want to replace Design Complete by Manufacturing Complete and add it as a new field.
I tired creating a Template but it does not allow me to add a template to the project twice.

I’m looking to do the same thing. I need to indicate which SMEs are working on a task and multiple SMEs work on a task. I tried to use the new People field, but it asks me each time to add them as a collaborator or not - which is a great feature if you want to make a choice each time but I NEVER want to add them as a collaborator so it becomes an extra click on multiple fields. I can use a dropdown box - but then I have to edit the dropdown for each field when the stable of SMEs is adjusted. I could use a simple text field. In a perfect world I could have a label for Lead SME and a couple of other fields for SME 1 and SME 2 all pointing to the same dropdown option.