Add task function in Calendar view for Users is not clickable

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

The +Add task is not clickable when I’m creating a task for a user in Calendar view. List view seems to work fine.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:
Chrome

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Premium

Upload screenshots below:

Hi there @Jaro_Necesito , thanks for your post!

Please note that normally, the reason the +Add task button is greyed out is because you have not yet put a name for the task.

The name field is required in order to create a task from the Quick Add button. Once you enter a name for the task, you should be able to create the task.

Can you please confirm if after following those steps you’re able to add a task to your calendar?

Thanks a lot!

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 10.10.40 PM

Hi Ainha, I’m creating a task via Calendar view and i can’t seem to click on the +Add task so there’s no way I can enter a name for the task.

Hi @Jaro_Necesito, thanks for your reply and the screenshot!

Let me escalate this to our Development Team to see if they can provide a bit more of clarity around this issue, I will ping you here once they provide an update! Sorry for the inconveniences and thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there @Jaro_Necesito, thanks for your patience!

After reviewing your case, our team might need some more additional context so they can investigate further. Could you please be so kind as to clarify the points below?:

• What is the impacted project?

• Who is experiencing this issue? is it just one person or everyone in the project?

• Can you add tasks by clicking on calendar days? (not via the add task button)

• Any other context that could be helpful!

Thanks a lot in advance!

• What is the impacted project?
one project/user Log in - Asana

• Who is experiencing this issue? is it just one person or everyone in the project?
admins and other users

• Can you add tasks by clicking on calendar days? (not via the add task button)
the + Add task is visible and can be clicked but the task field box is not showing after clicking

the rest of the users were experiencing the same however I see that only a few numbers of calendar view is now having this incident.

Thanks for the additional information @Jaro_Necesito!

1. Can you further clarify if you have any filters applied on the projects that are having this issue? We suspect that the newly created tasks are perhaps getting immediately filtered out so you aren’t able to see it the task field box upon clicking.

2. Can you add tasks by clicking on calendar days? (not via the add task button)`

3. Are you completely unable to add any task to the project on calendar view right now?

Is it possible for you to provide us with a screencast of your issue so we can have a graphic demonstration?

Thanks a lot for all your collaboration! Looking forward to your reply.

1 Like
  1. no there are no filters added
  2. doesn’t work either
  3. just that one profile that i’ve shown in the video below

here’s a recording: Screen Recording 2023-08-03 at 9.49.34 PM.mov - Google Drive

Hi, can we get an update on this reported bug :slight_smile: Thankies!

Hi @Jaro_Necesito , thanks for the additional information!

I have passed on all the information to our development team and I will circle back once they provide an update, thanks a lot for your patience! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve checked the calendar view for that user and +Add Task is still not working as it should in Calendar view. Just an update.

Hello, just an updated since no one has gotten back to me. The calendar view for that specific user is now working as it is. Thanks!

1 Like