Unable to add a task in Timeline

When clicking in the Timeline, nothing happens. It is not possible to add a Task.

I checked that I have permissions within the project, I am the Project Owner. The white cross shows as I hover with my cursor over the timeline. However, when clicking in the Timeline to add a new task, nothing happens. Same in other projects.

Browser version:
Google Chrome
Version 89.0.4389.114

Hi @Wietse!

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know if any of these resolve the issue? :slight_smile:

Thank you @Rebecca_McGrath I have followed all six steps but unfortunately without result. Time to contact the support team or does my post here already does so? Much appreciate your help. We plan a lot in Timeline so this is unfortunate.

Thanks for getting back to me @Wietse!

Can you create a task in Timeline by clicking the + Add task button or is this button not visible?

Can you also confirm if you have full edit access in the affected project and not comment-only access? With comment-only access, you will not be able to add tasks.

Looking forward to your reply! :slight_smile:

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath when I view Timeline, there is no + Add task button visible. I am listed as the owner of the project so should have full editing rights? Much appreciate your help.

Hi @Wietse, thanks for following up!

Hmm, this is strange! Not seeing the + Add task button is a sign of having comment-only access.

I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly as they have access to tools that we don’t have here on the Community Team to be able to look deeper into the Project and your permission levels!

You can reach out to them by following the steps below:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.