Add option to open task in new tab from main view

Would be nice if Asana offered the possibility of middle-clicking a task to open it in a new tab just like every other competitor. The current functionality of Tab + X does not open a task in a new tab, is quite hidden in the menu, and extremely unergonomic to use for this end, resulting in losing a lot of time and attention span when managing tasks.

Welcome to the Forum @David_Cortes and thank you so much for your feedback, we’ll definitely keep it in mind for future improvements!

1 Like

Hello! I’m a relatively new user to Asana and a huge fan. Would like the ability to pop out a task from the right pane to a separate window. (Using the desktop app.) That way I can re-size the task window, so I can see more text/comments at a glance without scrolling, or position the window in a corner of my desktop so I can see it while working in parallel. Thanks for offering a forum for feedback!

Hey @Holly.Caliri, thanks so much for your feedback and for taking the time to provide us with some extra information on why this would be a helpful improvement for you!

Hi @holly
In the webapp this you can firstly make a tasks full screen By clicking on the Task Options there is also a shortcut to so this as well which I can remember… You can also right mouse click on the taka and open it in a New Window rather than a tab.

Jason.

1 Like

Tab-X for full screen view of the Task.

4 Likes

I’d like the ability to pop out a task so that I can jump around and view other tasks in other projects without losing the task I am working on or needing to toggle between multiple browser tabs.

4 Likes

The ability to pop-out and pin a task to the bottom of the screen just like a newly created task does (tab-Q) would be awesome.

2 Likes

Tab-X is not really the solution to what I’d like at least - tab-X takes over the whole window. I want to open a new window with that task, or to be able to pop it out to a browser window (from the windows app).
BUT right click no task “Open in new window” is.

Jumping in here! I would really-really-really appreciate the ability to quickly and easily “pop out” tasks. I so-so often need this for corssrefenecing different tasks etc. Since the desktop app can do multible instances/windows of the app, then having a quick option to open a task in a new window would be excellent.

I am desperate for this feature! I don’t want to open new windows, I want new tabs!

Note: Not a solution but marked as such to elevate a key reply

Hi everyone :wave:

You can open a task in a new tab by right-clicking on the full-screen button (top right of the task details pane) and choosing open in a new tab or window.

Asana Desktop app:

Asana in browser:

:bulb: Alternatively on PC, you can either:

• hold Ctrl + left mouse click…
    or
  • middle mouse click…

…on the full screen icon to directly open that task in a new tab!

1 Like