Add easy user switching for multiple accounts

I’d love it if I could switch accounts easier. I’m on two teams that use Asana, and I find myself either resorting to being logged in on both accounts in two separate browsers or just logging out and logging in a few times per day. I would love to be able to be logged in to each account BUT be able to switch accounts to see the workspace I need without having to log off.

A similar “switch accounts” feature can be seen in Google Drive, which is very helpful (same logic…multiple accounts for different functions/workspaces, but it’s easily accessible under the account icon).

Maybe there are other freelancers like me who are in a similar situation?

Hi @Debbie_Mason, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

I suggest you merge your accounts! :slight_smile: Merging your accounts will mean:

• Email addresses from both accounts will be associated with the one new account
  • The new account will have access to all of the Organizations and Workspaces from each original account

You can merge your accounts by following the steps here:

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Another suggestion: use a tool like Fluid on Mac to create two different Asana apps logged in with two different accounts.

I recently had merged 2 accounts. It was working perfectly as I would click my profile picture and choose the account I want. (One personal, one work). Now however when I do the same thing, it opens up a second window. Although I can see how this option would be nice like if I right clicked or if it had a pop out window button on the account, ultimately I would much rather prefer keeping the same screen and switch easily between accounts within the same window. Much cleaner.
Did an update happen? Is it a glitch?

I believe the behavior changed, but like weeks ago… Did you see a recent change?

Yes. I used to click a different organization at the top right after clicking my profile picture and it would stay in the same screen but change to that organization or workspace. Now it is keeping that one open but opening another window.

Yes, I believe this behavior change has been in place for a year or more now, though back in the day it used to reuse your window. There’s a technical reason Asana does this (if I recall it’s related to physically where data centers are that host each org or something like that) and I doubt it will be changing back.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

really?:smiley: