Add a collaborator/collaborator to a task that has been submitted using a form

I am using the forms a lot, but have to manually add the person completing the form as a collaborator to the task once it has been submitted. Is there a way to automatically use the email address field on the form and make them a collaborator of the task that becomes created?

2 Likes

I’ve setup a Rule to add myself as the task assigne once a new task has been added to the project via a form submission. However, the Rule applies to any new task added to the project, whether it was created via a form or not.

1 Like

Hi @Lachlan and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Although it is possible to designate a default assignee for each form submission, as it stands, it is not possible to automatically add a user as a collaborator of the task created from a Form.

There is an existing thread regarding this topic in the Forum: Automatically Adding Task Collaborators via Asana Forms. I would suggest you to upvote it!

@Phil_Seeman: is it possible to achieve this with Flowsana?

Hope this helps @Lachlan!

Not currently, but it’s actually a great idea and would not be hard to implement, so I’m going to plan to add it to Flowsana’s Forms Support capability.

2 Likes

Hello! Was this functionality ever added? Our team is trying to do this as well.

1 Like

FYI this capability, to automatically add a form submitter as a Collaborator, was added to Flowsana and is now available.

(It is not currently available in native Asana.)

2 Likes