Account Management in Asana

Hi there!

Does anyone have any ideas for how they are using Asana for account management? I want to make sure everyone is aware of updates related to a single client but not sure the best way to do this in Asana. Any comments would be helpful!

Hi @anon48419096, thanks for reaching out!

I suggest you to check this announcement with more details about how to use Asana for Sales and Account Management:

I hope this helps!

Following this thread.

1 Like

Thank you @Emily_Roman! I did read that article and saw the suggested templates.

I’m looking at account management after sales. I was wondering if people use separate projects per account or keep all of their accounts in the same project. We are hoping to use it as a place to track updates with the accounts that the organization would need transparency into.

Hello Hannah,
I use Asana for Customer Success and Account Management.
Basically, I made a Team for each of our products, and a separate project per client. Each new client gets a project, generated from a template I made with all sales and CS-related tasks.
I then end up with a basic Kanban board for each customer, and the Revenue team and I review each once per week, alternating one product per week.
I’d be happy to share more info if you’d like.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Hey Marc, this is interesting. Would you be able to share your templates? Or screenshot them? Sounds like a pretty robust process, I’d love to learn more!

1 Like

Hi @anon78698072,
Would love to be able to see what you created. I’m working to set up Asana for a law office and would like to understand how you used Team for products. Like @anon92116085 said - I’d love to learn more!

Hi @anon92116085 and @anon84311545, thanks for reaching out.

I had to take some screenshots of our system and blur out some details, but in a nutshell:
We tracked leads and overall stage in our sales funnel. I also used a custom field to denote particular things, like “did the client receive the API”, etc.
Each client then had a separate project where I used tasks to track everything from to-do’s to projects (with subtasks) to contact info.
I started each client with a template with every step needed to close a deal.

![Sales Funnel|690x348]
(upload://rz4f2JDyqUrjeoRexdrn9MPxSB.jpeg)

1 Like

Seems one image did not upload, here it is:

1 Like

For clarity, we provide a Mobile Measurement tool for programmatic advertising, which is shipped as a JavaScript, or Tag, hence the jargon :slight_smile:

Hey @anon78698072

Very good user case! Thanks for adding screen shots. Very useful … I too took away some tips :wink::+1:t4: