Ability to use the tab key in Tags

When I am adding multiple tags to a task, I add a tag, hit tab and the tag populates allowing me to add a new tag. As of this morning, when I type the name of a tag and then hit tab, the tag populates and the cursor moves to the comment box. It’s frustrating to have to have to scroll back up and click the plus sign for each tag I have to add. I tried it in both Chrome and Firefox and have the same issue. Is there any way the tab functionality can be added back to the tags area?

I don’t know if you can move this, but it might better fit in the product feedback area. Then people can vote for it.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

On “My Tasks” if I add tags to a task, there sometimes doesn’t seem to be anyway to navigate focus away from the input field except pressing tab, which loses the Tasks focus, and in turn stops other keyboard shortcuts working. I think this has also been described here:

Steps to reproduce:

• Select a row in My Tasks, when “Tags” is enabled as a column. At this point, the row is highlighted in light blue, and the the task name has a dark blue border.
  • Using the Tab key, move the selected cell to Tags and hit Enter to start editing
  • You are now stuck … sometimes. This doesn’t always happen, and I really can’t figure out why you can’t use any key other than Tab to close out editing of the cell, and if you do use tab, you lose focus on the row completely, and render any further tab-related shortcuts non-functional

Browser version:

Firefox 84.0.2 (64-bit) on OS X 10.15.6

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Peter_Sergeant, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! I don’t seem to be able to reproduce this issue, have you try following these steps in case this is a browser issue?

In the meantime, I’ve gone ahead and merge your thread with the existing post we have in the forum to consolidate feedback.