Ability to see Dependencies on mobile

Hi,

I can’t seem to find a way to mark tasks dependent on one another in the mobile app anymore. I believe I just used the feature weeks ago on my iPhone. Am I going crazy here?

Agree @Robert_H that is no longer there however I can’t remember if it ever was… @Marie can you confirm if it was or not available on the Mobile App.

Hi @Robert_H and @Jason_Woods :wave:t3:

I confirm that it is not possible yet to create dependencies from the mobile app, however the mobile app allows you to see dependencies that were already set from your desktop!

Hopefully this is something we can implement soon, I’ll make sure to keep you posted when we do!

Have both a great Monday!

5 Likes

Hi @Marie. If I only have an iPad, is there a way to login to a browser version of Asana, to complete the dependency? Or if I only have an iPad, should I assume there is no way to create the dependency? I, and several members of our team only use mobile devices. Thanks!

Just to clarify, when I try to login to the website, I am always pushed to the app. So I assume on an iPad that I can’t login to a website to use asana, and create the dependencies? Or is there a way? Thanks @Marie!

Hi @Eric_Cohen, you should be able to log in on your iPad via Safari following these steps!

OK, I should have known that - thank you so much!

1 Like

I would love to be able to create dependencies from the app! Should be a pretty quick feature to implement

2 Likes

+1, I’d also like to see this.

I’d also love to see Child tasks “greyed out” on mobile like they are on desktop. It’s one of my favorite features of dependencies!

2 Likes

I’d also like to see the icon change like it is on the web-app. Right now you actually have to tap on the task to see if it is dependent or not.

2 Likes

1000000% agree with this. The visual aspect of a project is party of the nucleus of teams collaborating on the project.

On mobile the dependant task icon doesn’t display in my task list like on desktop. You have to click I to a task to see if it is dependant.
Is there any way to change this?

Welcome to the Forum @richard5 and thank you for reaching out!

You are correct here. As it stands, the dependency indicator is not available in mobile just yet. I’ve merged your post with an existing thread regarding this topic that we have in the #mobile:androidios-feedback to consolidate feedback and avoid duplications. I hope it’s OK.

I would suggest to add your vote by clicking on the “Vote” button at the very top of the thread.

Have a nice day Richard!

On the Android app, I have no way of adding blocked or blocking dependencies. We use these a lot for new tasks, so this significantly hurts the mobile experience.

2 Likes

Hi @D_K,

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback!

This is a popular request in the Forum and we already have an existing thread on this. To keep all feedback together, I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one. :slight_smile:

I’ll loop back in should we have any updates!

Why is this still not a feature. It seems elementary and a significant part of the app. It’s 2021, “If it doesn’t work on mobile, it doesn’t work at all!”

5 Likes

Hi, could the blocked task icon on Android be an hourglass like on PC ?

2 Likes

Hi @Patrick.EMIN, thanks for providing this feedback!

We do have an existing thread for the request already in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback - I hope you don’t mind!

Hopefully this is something we can see our Product team implement in the future. I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes would love to do this in the app. This was asked back in 2018. When can this be added to the project roadmap?

3 Likes

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I setup a task with 12 subtasks that need to be done in order. I setup dependencies for all of them that “lock” them from being done non-sequentially. On the android app however a guest in my project can check off any of them in any order. It shows they are dependent on prior ones but isn’t enforcing.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a task with a few subtasks. Add dependencies so subtask 1 must be done before 2, 2 before 3 and 3 before the main task can be checked off. Now go to mobile.

Browser version:
Chrome on Android