Ability to create new tasks from task templates in the Slack integration

Hi. I was able to connect Slack to my Asana project. But performing /asana create brings up a generic task template, and not my customer task template. How can I configure my slack instance to use my custom asana task template instead of the generic one?

7 Likes

Hi @anon46732346, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

As it stands task templates are not supported in the Slack integration. I think this could be a great addition to this integration so I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to our #product-feedback category to allow other customers to upvote for this feature. Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future!

1 Like

I’ve just trialed the integration for Asana with Slack and found the command ‘/asana create’ very simple for my teams needs. We heavily use Templates when creating tasks and would find that to be an excellent addition to the form that pops up in Slack. Is it possible to implement this feature?.

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Steve_Rumph! I have found an existing feedback request thread about this topic. Do not forget to upvote :smiley:

Voting up here.
Highly valuable for team integration in Slack.

Also upvoting this. Surprised it’s been over a year since this was suggested and there still appears to be no simple way of doing this. Could it be possible to automatically use a default template every time a task is created in a specific board/project in Asana?

Just FYI - and this is not an immediate solution - but Asana just enhanced its API (programming interface) to support programmatic access to task templates; meaning that could be a prelude to adding support for them in the Slack integration. Maybe. :crossed_fingers:

Any update on this as it would be highly beneficial?.

Upvoting this as well. It kills me that there’s no way to use the task template with Zaps/Integrations.