Ability for selected Guests to Use Client Goals

Since Certified Pros are typically working as guests in a client account it would be very helpful if we were able to edit goals (and also create custom fields). Although we are generally training clients how to implement these features themselves, it’s useful to be able to demonstrate how to do it via screen share in the first instance.

In an ideal world, it would be great if there was a different type of access that could be granted to Certified Pros by account admins (similar to the way Accountants and Bookkeepers are able to have full editing permissions in their clients’ Quickbooks Online)

2 Likes

Hi @Peta_Williams, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

This is a very good request. I believe this is something we can implement for selected guests (which includes Certified Pros). I’ll make sure to keep this thread updated if I have any news about a similar feature!

4 Likes

Yes I agree 100% with this request!

1 Like

This is so frustrating, I’ve just upgraded to a business plan so I can set goals for different clients. Yet they can’t see them because they’re guests on different domain emails. What is the point in creating such features and then completely limiting them in their use cases, this is a project management app it should be flexible. I feel like I have to mould my workflow into how Asana wants you to work and it should be the other way around…

This is really disappointing…

2 Likes

The goals feature is really useful and is something we put a lot of focus on as an agency to ensure all the product work we do for clients is guided by measurable objectives. As an agency we have multiple clients (teams) within our organisation. Each client has their own goals but currently there is no way to display goals created to our clients. You can assign them to teams (the client) but they can’t see them as guest to our Asana account.

What would be great is if when we set the goals up and assign to teams, they display in the overview section or a separate goals tab for the team created. That way our clients have visibility on the goals we have agreed on together and visualise the progress just as much as we can. At the moment we are just sharing them via the messages tool.

1 Like

Hi @anon39288720, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback. We will make sure to update the main thread if we have news about this feature in the future!

Agree! We have a shared goal with our external agency which we cannot add right now.
Also the ability to comment the goal would be nice.

1 Like

We’ve got a very similar situation - some Partners are invited to our Asana as guests and we have no option to share our company goals with them in a native transparent and easy way.
Waiting for the advanced Goals Sharing options!

2 Likes

Just want to add my support to this.

We have a few projects which are partnerships with other organizations. Ideally, we could do shared teams/projects/goals with other organizations, but in the meantime being able to share goals with guests would be really helpful.

2 Likes

Guests being unable to access team goals is a huge barrier for our productivity. Our teams often include external partners from coalitions who are responsible for executing on goals, and they are unable to see these shared goals or update their status. I’d love to see this changed, even if only so they can see the goals.

1 Like

Hi @Erica_Olmstead1, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Chipping in my two cents on this as it’s becoming a major stuck for me.

I’m the Head of IT supporting my company and our client company with the roll out of two Asana Business accounts with an aim to enable secure collaboration between us. (One is already there. The other I’m advocating that they upgrade from Premium.)

Our client company wants to give us access to their goals but the only way they’ve been able to do that was by giving each person in my company an entire Google account on their domain and then inviting them as a full membered in organisation user.

This is creating a huge data governance risk, as well as a nightmarish rats nets of conflicting user permissions scattered over two domains, only one of which I am able to manage.

And I’ve seen the “recreate your goals as a project on the relevant team and update it” work around.
My colleagues have seen the convenience of the goals solution.
They will happily leave me to lose sleep over the privacy compliance risks and permission settings problems of their ad hoc solution while they live their best lives.

Pls halp

2 Likes

Has there been any development around this feature/access in Asana?

Hi!. I’m having exactly the same issue, any updates if this can be add to assign goals to guests?? Thanks in advance .

Same issue for us. Any advancement on this?

Same here. Please fix this :pray:

hello!
Is there any updates on this feature?
We really need it as well