A way to move subtask from a parent task to another parent task?

Liking the new task options menu.

Vik “One of the 25%” Chaudhary

1 Like

In an asana board I’d like to move a subtask out of its parent card to the board itself.
Is this feature really missing or am I the one that’s missing something here?

1 Like

Anyone has a same issue. In the list view, you can click more button(3 dots in the subtask side hovering page) and find the Advanced - make a subtask of in the menu. Then you can select another the parent task from it.

4 Likes

Did this ever develop?
Currently there is only the option to drag to the task list, then back into another task by having the details pane of the other task open.

This needs to be far easier.
Our use case is:
Maintain a list of To-Do items as a project section task.
Maintain a list of questions from Pion to Manager as a project section task.

Once questions are answered, the question subtasks in the “Questions” task, need to be easily and quickly changed to subtasks in the “To-Do” task.

Right now as of Apr. 2021 its a four or five step operation for each task. Open task, drag subtask to center pane. Wait for Asana to think. Click on other task. Open details pane. Drag former subtask to new Task’s details pane.

Ideal workflow would be a right click action on the subtask > move to other task. And/or drag subtask over other task in center pane and it that task adopts the dragged subtask.

4 Likes

I have a need for this as well. Say I have a list of tasks and subtasks for today - some of the subtasks did not get completed and I want to move them to a parent task for tomorrow. The ideal workflow suggested above would sure be nice.

2 Likes

I just saw this answer. Thank you so much. I don’t see handles on my subtasks, I can’t see the image for the center pane. This works perfectly! thank you.

2 Likes