A guest without a paid license from his company should not be forced on a paid seat to be a guest elsewhere

Hi,

This is a use case our client faced and this is an inconvenience, let me explain.

Let’s say Apple.com is working with Agency.com. At Apple, not everyone has a licence. Bob from accounting for example was not allowed to have a licence, even though Apple uses Asana.

But Bob is working with Agency, and they invited him as a guest on their paid Asana account.

What is currently happening is that, in order to be a guest elsewhere, Bob is taking up a paid seat at Apple. There is no way around it.

Anyone else has been blocked by this?

Whaaaat? I didn’t know this. It sounds really odd.

So you’re saying that when Agency.com invites bob@apple.com to their workspace as a guest, that if he accepts that invite, not only does he get added as a guest in the Agency.com workspace but he also get added as a full paid user in the Apple.com workspace?

Even though I don’t work for Asana Sales (!), this is what I would expect so I don’t see anything amiss here.

If you login to Asana with a domain email you’re a Member of that domain. If that domain happens already to be a paid Organization, you’ve occupied a seat.

It sure would be nice if these things had been implemented differently, but that’s not how it’s been for the past ten years:

• Allow an Admin setting to make a domain user a Guest instead of a Member
  • Allow an Admin setting to make a non-domain user a Member instead of a Guest (that would be very useful for Asana Service Providers like me and others).

Larry

@Phil_Seeman this is exactly what I am saying. I can’t make up my mind whether this is expected or not… It does push clients to get licenses for everyone if they collaborate elsewhere.

I am having this exact issue. If anyone finds a solution, please let me know.

We don’t have a solution yet…