"Your tasks for today" notification

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
This week I started receiving notifications about “tasks for today” in web version and android version.

- printscreen from the web version

Steps to reproduce: create a task with a due date tomorrow and tomorrow you’ll receive notifications

Browser version: Chrome 86.0.4240.198

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

In your asana app, go to the account tab and find Push Notifications

(providing you install the latest app from play store)

You can then change the notification setting from there

I do have the same notifications, on the web, so I don’t believe your trick is related @Leonarce, is it?
@Marie @Emily_Roman that is a new feature, can we disable it somehow?

3 Likes

the issue is both on web and android. thank you very much for pointing me into android app settings, maybe it will help.

it started spamming my Asana Inbox on December 4:

i have this option disabled since forever:

4 Likes

The last toggle has been there for a long time, and was toggled on for me as well, so my guess is that they introduced the feature without including its disable state in the toggle.

1 Like

Yeah, this is extremely annoying! Please provide a way to disable that.

Usually, my inbox relates to me about other people doing something that concerns me and not a reminder for me to see my due date tasks. In fact, I always have as home the “My Tasks” tab and not the “Home” tab.

I am also experiencing this bug. The introduction of this hack had solved this issue for several years, so it is frustrating to see all these notifications back in my inbox.

Hi everyone, thanks for reporting this and sorry for the trouble here!

We have recently launched a new Daily Summary Inbox Notification and it seems it has been enabled by default to all customers. I’ve gone ahead and sent this report to our team so we can investigate further. I’ll let you know as soon as I have more details!

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

2 Likes

This hack has not been working in my Asana account. I am a single user; I have no need for any inbox notifications of any kind and was thrilled when this feature was released. It seems like it stopped working just a week or so ago. I’ve disabled & re-enabled the hack, but it doesn’t seem to be taking. It’s very annoying!

1 Like

Hi @Samantha_Pollack, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

We already have a thread related to this report so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to centralize feedback. I’ll make sure to post an update as soon as I have more information!

I’m another single user, and in the past few weeks (though I’ve had the hack enabled to disable the notifications), I receive a browser notification each day with the day’s tasks. My OCD self does not like seeing that notification icon on the browser tab, so I go clear it each day. Would be great if the hack still worked.

Hi everyone!

Our team just confirmed this issue is now solved and the fix will be available to everyone within a couple of hours. If you have the hack “Disable Notifications for Tasks Starting & Due Today” enabled, you won’t receive the Daily Summary notification tomorrow :slight_smile:

Thanks again for you reports! Please let me know if you have any questions or if you still experience this issue tomorrow and I’ll be happy to investigate further!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.