Working offline

OFFLINE CAPABILITY IS A MUST HAVE!

It is completely annoying and customer-unfriendly that Asana does not have this feature! Team members in our company are wasting time on planes and drives because they cannot access the software offline! We have been using asana for years and this is super annoying! Especially the in between-moments when you have time are used to check on tasks - and these moments often occur in offline settings.

PLEASE integrate an offline mode into Asana asap!

4 Likes

+1 the lack of an offline desktop app is holding me back in using Asana - same reason as many others: TRAVELING - not everyone lives with his/her head in cloud

1 Like

+5 for my team as well

1 Like

+1 Iā€™m about to fly overseas and was hoping to get some solid project management time in during the flight! Only to find this thread. Would be a big help

2 Likes

+1 Iā€™m trying to adopt Asana as a company wide system and the main pushback is fro the frequent travelers that canā€™t access it during trips.

1 Like

Really need an offline version, specifically for flights and when in remote areas, obviously there is limited functionality offline through the iOS app but effectiveness is limitedā€¦ Think this should be a high priority item for the development team as time in the air is lost time without this featureā€¦ Wish to persevere with Asana, just frustrating that this offline option is still not available

4 Likes

I completely agree and wish Asana could develop this. Asana is built for productivity. Having wifi access shouldnā€™t dictate whether you can get your work done, especially when used heavily for planning. Using a phone app to develop big ideas doesnā€™t really work)
Please respond with a progress update and timeline if this is in the works.
thanks.

3 Likes

+1 some people are using additional trackers because itā€™s not available offline!

1 Like

+1

And this post is pretty old, surprised to see a desktop/Mac app has not yet been developed.

5 Likes

+1 again!
Pretty please :smile: Offline would be extremely useful, Mac & PC.
With the prospect of IOS apps being easily adapted for Mac OS now, perhaps this could be a relatively quick fix for Macā€™s fairly soon.

Come on guysā€¦ The excuse that it syncs to the cloudā€¦ Google docs also syncs -You can work offline and the moment you come back online everything is synced.

Yes, I understand that there might be conflicts with two users clicking different things on tasks - but anything like a ā€œwarning - this has been modified offlineā€ or something like that would solve it. With all the demand this feature has + your talented team, Iā€™m sure you guys can find a solution!

Even monday.com launched a desktop app (which is basically a copy of their website, but oh well, itā€™s offline!)

Please do something with this!!

An absolute must have feature - often i have time to work through tasks while traveling but not the ability. I hear Monday.com can do it, i do not want to switch but not having this feature is counter productiveā€¦for a productivity tool thatā€™s disconcerting.

John

P.S. It is a great tool, hence why this is so desirable because I want to keep using the tool.

Outages like the one Asana is experiencing right now would presumably be minor blips if true offline mode was supported. This is now the 3rd major outage in as many weeks and no way to access my tasks even in read-only mode.

Yes to offline for desktop! I would much rather be working in Asana right now on this train, then browsing on my phone for project management solutions that have an offline mode.

I want I want to add my vote to others in the community forum about having an offline version. With occasional internet outages here, not having a way to continue using the tool is incredibly disruptive to my organization, and is causing us to question the move from Outlook.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @Joanne_Goo_Sciulli and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. :smiley:

Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread we have about this topic to consolidate feedback and votes. If you havenā€™t yet, I encourage you to add your vote to this main thread.

Have a great Thursday!

1 Like

+1 for an offline version! We have occasional internet outages and with our reliance on Asana, it is impossible to get anything done during an outage. An offline version would be wonderful.

1 Like

Whoa. Iā€™m about to travel for 14 hours and in the biggest (and best!) crunch of career. Figuring out that I canā€™t work in my Asana for the entire time is a devastating blow. I feel pretty sick in my belly at the moment. Hurry on this feature! #pleaseandthanks!!!

1 Like

Asana is down again right nowā€¦

Is there any possibility of an offline desktop mode in the near or long-term future? It would help for occasions like this, but it would help vastly for air travel and other remote (no internet) type locations. Any possibility?

I second this vote. When Asana has a product that customers depend on for most of their workflows and communication it is a HUGE deal when itā€™s offline. With the 3rd outage happening in a month, Offline-Mode should be a no-brainer even if the only reason is to retain frustrated customers.

2 Likes