Why do I see notifications for tasks / projects I am not following?

I get way too many notifications in my inbox. I unfollow almost every task, and I have also gone into the associated projects and removed myself from notifications. Unfortunately, I am still getting notifications for some tasks and projects. Can someone give me a checklist of ways to turn these off? There might be something I am overlooking.

Hi @David_Atkinson1, have you tried adjusting your notifications at the account level?

To do that, click on your picture in the top-right corner of the screen, then click “My Profile Settings
”. From there, you should be able to navigate to Email Notifications and adjust from there.

2 Likes

Are you using templates in your organization? If you are, check and make sure you aren’t following any of the tasks in the template. I assisted in creating and then editing one of our template projects, and any task I created or edited, I wound up a collaborator for, which significantly increased my inbox traffic.

2 Likes

Hi Drew. Thanks for that. Unfortunately that wasn’t the solution. I have unlicked everything in ‘Email Notifications’

Hi @David_Atkinson1, could you give us an example of the notification you’re receiving despite having removed yourself from the project?