Webhook subscribed to tag doesn't get events for completed tasks

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Created a webhook to track completed tasks by tag and didn’t get any callback from it even though tasks using that tag were marked as completed.

Steps to reproduce:
Create a webhook for a tag using the following filter

filters: [
          {
            action: "changed",
            resource_type: "task",
            fields: [
              "completed",
            ],
          },
        ]

mark a task using that tag as completed

Hi @Ariel_Leibel and welcome to the forum,

It’s not 100% clear from the info given but did you try to set a webhook on a tag? Asana doesn’t support webhooks on tags so that may be why things are not working as you were hoping.

If you can provide some more detail as to what you’re wanting to accomplish, we might be able to suggest some approaches for it.

(I moved your post to the Developers & API section which is the best place for all API-related discussions, even for potential issues.)

1 Like

Hi Phil,
yes, I was trying to set up a webhook for a tag, I saw it worked for other changes and wanted to track task completion
I wasn’t aware tags weren’t supported for webhooks. Are there any plans to add this in the future?
Thank you!

I don’t work for Asana so I can’t speak definitely for their future plans, but based on what I know, I would not expect to see webhooks on tags in the future. But that’s just my assessment.

To meet your needs now, you would set up a webhook on tasks to get an event on their completion, and when you get an event, you’d then read that task to see if it had the tag you’re interested in knowing about. Not as clean as you were hoping for but it would work!

2 Likes