Webhook creation error for Teams

Hello All,

I am creating webhook for teams; however getting an error while creating it. The handshake process for the webhook is correct as I have created other webhooks as well. But I am facing error 403 while creating webhook for teams on organizational/Workspace level.

Thank You,
Vaibhav Bhutkar

2 Likes

Hi @Vaibhav_Bhutkar and welcome to the forum,

A 403 “Forbidden” error means that the Asana user you’re authenticating to in the API does not have permission to access that team.

Ah, OK, @Vaibhav_Bhutkar - unfortunately “team” is not a valid filter for a workspace-level webhook. See this thread:

1 Like

Oh, also, @Vaibhav_Bhutkar - even though it’s only ngrok, it’s probably not a great idea to post your URL string here publicly, as someone could theoretically scrape it and hit it maliciously. You might want to edit it out.

Hi @Phil_Seeman Thank you for your suggestion and valuable inputs.
Regarding ngrok url - it was used earlier now not using the same; but you are correct will not to post. (So deleted.)

As you mentioned, team is not valid filter for workspace level webhook; then what is the ideal way to get team level changes using webhook.

Could you please guide me on same?

Thank You,
Vaibhav Bhutkar

@Phil_Seeman Even I tried to create webhook for specific team at team level. Still getting 403 error.

Thank you,
Vaibhav Bhutkar

1 Like

Does that happen for all teams or just this particular one?

Hello @Phil_Seeman Thank you for your reply.

It was happening for all teams not for single team.

Thank You,
Vaibhav Bhutkar