Using links in project description crashes

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Using links to tasks in other projects in the project description results in a “Asana needs to be reloaded” message.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new project
  2. Under the project details, into the description field, enter a link to a task in a different project (same team)
  3. After the URL changes to the name of the task, click on it
  4. Asana crashes, but after reload it will load the right task (you can use Reload button, or Dismiss button and click on the link in the task mini-popup)

Browser version:
Version 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

12 pretty swans look wildly
30.7.2020 8:10 CEST

Hi @Filip_Hlavacek, welcome to the forum and sorry for the trouble!

You are right! I followed the same steps and received an error. thanks for reporting this! I’ve gone ahead and escalated this issue to our development team.

I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update! Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

1 Like

@Mention links crash when used inside Project Details popup.

Whenever I use an @mention link to another Project Asana crashes and a popup appears: “Asana needs to be reloaded”.

This is a new bug as we have many projects with @mention links within the “Project Details” which previously worked without issue.

HI @Robert_Frisby
I just tried and didn’t have the issue maybe it was a temporary glitch…
Regards
Jason.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Frisby, welcome to the forum and thanks for reporting this!

We already have a bug report for this issue and our team is currently working to fix it. I’ve gone ahead and merged your report with Using links in project description crashes . I’ll comment on the main thread as soon as I have an update.

@Jason_Woods I was able to reproduce it following these steps:

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Okay thanks Emily. I didn’t click on the create link…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.