Unveiling the Potential: Altering Time Formats with the Advanced Formula Editor

This document has been translated using AI. There may be some abnormalities in the expression.

I have delved into the intriguing mechanism of the advanced formula editor, available for business plan or higher. While the content may be somewhat esoteric, I implore those with an interest to peruse it.

Note: This information is based on verification as of September 22, 2023 and is subject to potential changes in future updates.

In the advanced formula editor, one can define arithmetic operations utilizing constants for fields or within fields. For example:

image image image image

By utilizing such calculations, the presentation format of time fields such as actual time and estimated time can be altered. I have conducted an examination to observe how the display format varies based on the type of view.

View With advanced formula editor, for fields or multiplication/division operations on fields With advanced formula editor, for addition/subtraction operations on fields Without using advanced formula editor, Custom fields
List view :white_circle: :white_medium_square:
Board view :white_medium_square:
Task details screen :white_circle: :white_medium_square:
Dashboard :white_medium_square: :white_circle:
Adding comments with rules :white_medium_square: :white_medium_square: :white_medium_square:

:white_circle:︎: The format varies depending on the magnitude of the value - week:day:hour:minute
△: The format is independent of the value’s magnitude - hour:minute
:white_medium_square:︎: The format is independent of the value’s magnitude - minute

Therefore, I have discovered that one can select the desired display format only on the list view, task details screen, and dashboard.

6 Likes

@Richard_Sather seems like an important post to keep around cc @Julien_RENAUD @Arthur_BEGOU

2 Likes

Great post @Tetsuo_Kawakami , I’ll be testing all these out!

Indeed, @Bastien_Siebman ! I’d like to also link the following relevant posts to this thread too, for reference:

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Reporting on creation time for support tickets