Tracking predicted task delivery (or milestone) dates versus actual delivery dates across many projects

You have a project start date and a project end date.
There are 35 weeks’ of tasks that need to be accomplished by the project end date.
No problem. You set a start date and end date, create the tasks and you can see that on a timeline.

What happens with slippage?

How do I track actuals versus when tasks actually get delivered?

It’s week 6 in the project in actual time, so up to week 6’s tasks should be complete, but I look and see, even though it’s week 6, I can see only up to week 4’s tasks have been done, so we’re 2 weeks behind. How do I track that with Asana or any Asana integrations?

It’s very easy to track this manually for one project.

Now imagine you have 60 projects with different start and end dates.

I need to be able to see actuals versus predicted dates for all tasks in an easy visual way.

How do I do that please?

Hello @Sofia_Garcia_Ladera,
I would use rules inside your project. Usually I set up this kind of rules (you can set up it on your project templates):

• (trigger): due date is approching (one day before due date) → (action): add comment “will you meet deadline in this task?”
  • (t): task is overdue (after one day) → (a): add comment: “do you need some help with that?” + add collaborators (me)
  • (t): task is overdue (after 3 days) → (a): assignee to me + add comment “task is overdue, Owner take it”

This is example of what you can due with rules.
Second thing is communicating with project’s collaborators by Project Status Module.

Here you have some links:

I hope it helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.