Title bar for tasks provides no space to "click" to open task.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When viewing a list of tasks (screenshot) and you have one task open in the right sidebar, there is no available space to click to open another task. There is only room to click the title of the task, which then puts you into edit mode.
Steps to reproduce:
List view of a board.
Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:
In the screenshot below I’m using a browser extension called Stylus to add some css to the page to show what is clickable to open a task and what is not

Hi @Justin_Schoen, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for flagging this! I haven’t been able to reproduce this on my end. Currently, when I hover over a task title, a “Details” button appears for me to open the task, is this not the case with you?

If not, please try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know if any of these resolve the issue:

Could you also please confirm what browser you are working off?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hey @Rebecca_McGrath , thanks for getting back to me.
I’m on firefox. I wouldn’t necessarily describe it as a bug, just a poor user experience maybe?
Ideally, at least in my opinion and some coworkers, I’d be able to click anywhere on the task row to open the task in the right sidebar. Right now there is limited space to do so, especially when you already have a task open in the right sidebar.
To reproduce:

• view a board from the list view
  • you need a task with a longish title, see my screenshot
  • click a task so the task opens in the right sidebar
  • as displayed in the screenshot, several of the tasks have no actual clickable space. if you click the title it goes into edit mode and then you can change the title without realizing it.

Thanks for following up, @Justin_Schoen! What you describe is currently expected behaviour although I understand how this is affecting your user experience.

We do have an existing request for this feature in the forum so I recommend adding your vote here → Ability to Click on task title to open task details.

We’ll keep you updated in the above task if any changes are made :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.