The new people @ icon is much busier - revert to existing

The new way of showing people is much busier than before when tagging lots of people. Can you please revert to existing or make this an option? I don’t want to see people’s faces in the body of text.

2 Likes

Hi @JeremieBergeron, thanks for reaching out! This update is currently part of an experiment running for a few weeks, we really appreciate your feedback. Although we are not able to disable this update at the moment, I have gone ahead and send your comment to our product team so they can consider it as we evaluate the results of this test.

Let me know if you have any questions!

3 Likes

The recent Asana design updates of the people name “mention pills,” has significantly impacted the user experience, particularly in the Inbox. It’s now more challenging to quickly identify the sender of a message at a glance. Especially when multiple people mention pills are grouped together, creating a visually cluttered and confusing interface. Despite the sender’s larger profile photo and name it still falls short in terms of clarity and ease of use.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. The two names stacked up on top of one another look too busy and I see ‘Edwin’s’ name first.

3 Likes

We got confused a few times as well, thinking the first mentioned person was the author… otherwise, I really like the update.

2 Likes

These new pills are getting very much in the way of messaging. So distracting. I hope this experiment does not make it to the final product.

1 Like

Hi all and thanks again for sharing your feedback with us. After further consideration and based on the positive results from the experiment, we have decided to launch this update all customers. We appreciate your feedback and we will make sure to keep it in mind as we iterate this update further in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions, I’m only a DM away!

2 Likes

I agree it’s just added clutter. I really find it annoying, surely there are more important updates that could be made.

2 Likes

Can you please revert to what you had before? Now every time someone is tagged in the comments section it shows a thumbnail of their face and adds a big grey box outline around the text. I hate to complain about a seemingly minor issue, but it really affects the legibility, especially in detailed comment sections. At the very least, please at least remove the image thumbnails of the people’s faces who are tagged. Thanks!

2 Likes

@Emily_Roman, is there any way for us to see the positive feedback/results that you’re referring to in this forum? Or is this more of an internal feedback from the Asana team? In my opinion, the new people mention UI has created a huge clutter in comments and inbox notifications, and it doesn’t appear that I am alone in this thread. My team is not a fan of it either.

2 Likes